• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

A top 5 Running Back for the Seahawks

Idahawk

Reaction score
The one position that we have lost a player and have yet to replace him is at running back.

We still need secondary and RB help, we just brought in a safety for an interview which means we are shopping ..but yet nothing in the RB position. I believe that is one pick we will make in the draft.

Just because the top five backs are not ranked very high does not mean we dont need one and depending on the three teams ahead of us and what they do I can see where we may take a back with the first pick or our second , and may even add two backs this draft.

Detroit needs a Qb and O-line help..and they need to make a splash to get some fans back in that city that not only went 0-16 but may be losing 1000's of jobs in the economy does not improve.

KC also needs o-line help with the addition of Cassell

The rams are in need of a WR and D help

The seahawks need a RB and secondary help

So here is how it may go down...detriot will take jason smith OL first...kc will also take OL ...I still think the rams will take crabtree WR and that leaves us.

I think detriot then contacts us and trades our # 4 pick for their 20 and a 3-4 rounder. They are then free to take stafford or sanchez and have two top 4 picks making this draft a huge win for them and their fans.

We in turn now have the 20 pick and take the best RB available..which should be a top five guy.
I think Moreno and Wells may be gone but that still may leave Lesean Mccoy , Shonne Greene or a favorite of mine Donald Brown. We then have another pick early in the second and may address secondary help.

I think a late round back like Ian johnson of Boise state would be a good choice in the 5th round ..

:eek: :eek: Running back you say !!! we lost MO, a good back , JJ has one more chance , Duckett is a role player and Forsett a return guy ..but may blossum..we did cut the guy and so did indy ,so he's has some questions.

If we lose JJ what then ? Duckett ? :lol: and Forsett.....we need another back Why not take one of the best for the future .

Reaction score
Idahawk said:
The one position that we have lost a player and have yet to replace him is at running back.

We still need secondary and RB help, we just brought in a safety for an interview which means we are shopping ..but yet nothing in the RB position. I believe that is one pick we will make in the draft.

Just because the top five backs are not ranked very high does not mean we dont need one and depending on the three teams ahead of us and what they do I can see where we may take a back with the first pick or our second , and may even add two backs this draft.

Detroit needs a Qb and O-line help..and they need to make a splash to get some fans back in that city that not only went 0-16 but may be losing 1000's of jobs in the economy does not improve.

KC also needs o-line help with the addition of Cassell

The rams are in need of a WR and D help

The seahawks need a RB and secondary help

So here is how it may go down...detriot will take jason smith OL first...kc will also take OL ...I still think the rams will take crabtree WR and that leaves us.

I think detriot then contacts us and trades our # 4 pick for their 20 and a 3-4 rounder. They are then free to take stafford or sanchez and have two top 4 picks making this draft a huge win for them and their fans.

We in turn now have the 20 pick and take the best RB available..which should be a top five guy.
I think Moreno and Wells may be gone but that still may leave Lesean Mccoy , Shonne Greene or a favorite of mine Donald Brown. We then have another pick early in the second and may address secondary help.

I think a late round back like Ian johnson of Boise state would be a good choice in the 5th round ..

:eek: :eek: Running back you say !!! we lost MO, a good back , JJ has one more chance , Duckett is a role player and Forsett a return guy ..but may blossum..we did cut the guy and so did indy ,so he's has some questions.

If we lose JJ what then ? Duckett ? :lol: and Forsett.....we need another back Why not take one of the best for the future .
I agree. Duckett can't be a RB, he is just a big goal line/short yardage guy. Forsett showed some skill in preseason, but I don't think he has the "stuff" to be able to carry the team if JJ goes down. We have to get someone in the draft and I think a RB wouldn't hurt at all. Knowshon Moreno or Chris Wells can be that guy who comes in and takes 5 to 10 carries a game and can be the starter in a few years.

Reaction score
# 4 pick for their 20 and a 3-4 rounder

and we are stupid then
you will get more than that to trade down 16 spots
Ruskell should be fired if all he gets is a 3rd or 4th

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
# 4 pick for their 20 and a 3-4 rounder

and we are stupid then
you will get more than that to trade down 16 spots
Ruskell should be fired if all he gets is a 3rd or 4th

A third rounder in this deal would be sweet,,doubt we get it ....a 4th or 5th would be more like it....keep in mind teams that don't have a glaring need want to get out of those top picks to save money, other teams know this...so why would they offer the moon when you know you don't have to ?

If we can gain back our lost pick and save 11.9 million which is the average for top first round picks last year......it would be a very smart move..when you don't need a certain position anyway .

Pats only got a second for Cassell and Vrabel.....can't see a team giving us anything close to that for an unproven player .

There are some teams with big time cap space and will be drooling for our pick..they have money and we don't

Reaction score
It would be REALLY REALLY hard to trade down that far if you use this chart: [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2410670"]NFL draft-pick value chart - NFL - ESPN[/ame]

Reaction score
we can trade down to the 11 or 12 spot... But I don't think we'd be able to trade down much further... The 10 spot would be a 1 and 2 the 11 spot would be a 1 a 2 and a 4 the 12 spot would be a 1 a 2 a 4 and a 5. It's not going to be easy to trade down.

Reaction score
Id like to have a top 5 running back but this is a weak running back draft. I don't know if there is a team with a glaring enough need of a singular player to trade our draft pick for a lower one plus value that doesn't already have a higher pick than the Hawks. Maybe we can find a good back in round two. I still think a corner is a bigger need, but its a weak corner year also.

Reaction score
I've heard Vontae Davis might slip to the second round. We also need a safety though. What if we swap firsts with San Diego and they throw in LT? :D

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
I've heard Vontae Davis might slip to the second round. We also need a safety though. What if we swap firsts with San Diego and they throw in LT? :D

How isn't he the highest rated guy now at his position?

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
Perfect ANOTHER short corner.

Reaction score
Davis is 6'0" that's not really short... Here are his combine results:
40-Yard Dash 4.49
Bench press 25
Three-cone drill 6.75
20-yard shuttle 4.07

Reaction score
That's not short still... He's actually pretty big for a CB. Dude is athletic as all hell.. Plus it would add to our rivalry with the 9ers since he's vernon davis' little brother.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
My whole gut feeling on the topic is doing something nobody else thinks you would......because Its just the way I would play this....if you have a need then you certainly don't want some other team to know that thats what your after, we do and will need a RB and if we could score the best RB available in the draft...it would be a big play....

The ranks in these mock drafts are based on what teams need as much as what the player is supposed to be able to do.....The worth of a player is only what that player means to a team . The fact that so many O-lineman are ranked high does not really mean they are the best player available . but that more teams are looking and in need of that position..with a wealth of good young backs that have been drafted over the last 4-5 years that position has fell off the radar..and is not the IN pick that it has been,,teams feel that a quality back is available in almost any round..and that may be true....but if you don't have need then a gamble is just that ,a gamble. If we can walk away from the draft and FA with TJ and the best back available then we have done a great job.

No one can say that a a RB in the first round would bum them out...where as least to me an OL or a position that adds depth is just ho hum and a waste of a chance at landing the next great back for the hawks..and we need that guy......our passing game will only be as good as the running game ....If you buy into JJ then I am dead wrong,,if you you don't then you can see where I'm coming from.....since nobody see's a back in our future, thats why i think thats where we are heading....The proof is in not signing a Mo replacement and no faith in JJ.

Reaction score
Well it's a really dsappointing class for backs...

I mean this is the best available:
Position: RB
Height & Weight: 5'11 - 207 lbs.

NFL Combine Results
40-Yard Dash 4.60
Bench press 25
Vertical jump 35.5
Three-cone drill 6.84
20-yard shuttle 4.27
60-yard shuttle 11.63

Not bad, but not worth the number 4 pick.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:

NFL Combine Results
40-Yard Dash 4.60
Bench press 25
Vertical jump 35.5
Three-cone drill 6.84
20-yard shuttle 4.27
60-yard shuttle 11.63

So did we draft Shaun Alexander with our 19th pick because he ran a 4.54 or because we needed a running back ? And didn't we have Ricky Waters at the time ?

Since the so called experts say That your boy Crabtree will still go in the first round..its not because of the combine..its because of the body of work....go check out what some of these young RBs have done...some real big time numbers

Reaction score
Idahawk said:
bobflipaburger said:

NFL Combine Results
40-Yard Dash 4.60
Bench press 25
Vertical jump 35.5
Three-cone drill 6.84
20-yard shuttle 4.27
60-yard shuttle 11.63

So did we draft Shaun Alexander with our 19th pick because he ran a 4.54 or because we needed a running back ? And didn't we have Ricky Waters at the time ?

Since the so called experts say That your boy Crabtree will still go in the first round..its not because of the combine..its because of the body of work....go check out what some of these young RBs have done...some real big time numbers

"My boy Crabtree?" I haven't been calling for him since he got hurt and we signed Housh. I just think we can get a back of nearly equal quality in the 3rd or fourth round.

Reaction score
vanillathrilla said:
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/vontae-davis?id=79901
5' 11"

That almost makes him a head taller than all our CB. What MT 5-9 to5-10 Jennings is probably 5-8. Anyone got their combine numbers?

Top Bottom