• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2010 nfl draft

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Look at all those Linemen!

See thats why if we dont get one of the DT dropping into our lap, we trade 6 for 2 picks.

Dont fall in love with CJ, there are plenty of RB's in the first 3 rounds with fresh legs that could come in and be starters.

No way spiller is worth two OL that could very likely start for the out going OL Spenser, Sims.

What is the trade value at 6??

Reaction score
Nate Burleson said on Twitter that he had a good conversation with the new GM. He wants to retire a Seahawk and said money is not important to him.

If he doesn't come back the Seahawks definitely will need to add someone via the NFL Draft or Free Agency or a trade. Someone who can make an impact because Branch can't replace Burleson and neither can Butler.

Reaction score
I know the Bengals traded out of the top 10 (actually top 5) last year, but I don't really see that happening unless someone really wants to trade up to get Jimmy Clausen for some reason.

Reaction score
Bob-
There's some speculation about McClain the LB from Alabama. A lot of team want him and they have the later picks so there's talk as to which team is willing to move into the Top 10 and give what it takes to land him. I guess we will just have to wait and see if the phone rings.

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
Would love to see a trade for Marshall from Denver if we could get rid of Branch and maybe our 2nd rd pick. Use the 6th pick over all to pick up a few more draft picks. maybe move down to the last 10 in the 1st rd and pick up a few more 2nd or 3rd rd picks.

Reaction score
Seahawk Freak said:
Would love to see a trade for Marshall from Denver if we could get rid of Branch and maybe our 2nd rd pick. Use the 6th pick over all to pick up a few more draft picks. maybe move down to the last 10 in the 1st rd and pick up a few more 2nd or 3rd rd picks.

That's quite alright, we don't need his and TJ's egos together.

Reaction score
Trading that far down would be suicide.
I'm fine with trading down to say 12ish. You can get a OT that will be better than Okung and the G from Idaho with the 14th.
To go that far down you would need their 1st pick and their second and their 1st in 2011.

bobflipaburger said:
Seahawk Freak said:

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
I was actually thinking two or three trades. first go from 6th to like 10th or 12th, than see about moving down again to 18 or 20, if possible again to 24, 25

Each time picking up picks.

I dont see O-Linemen that are worth a top ten pick. There are guys that will be drafted because there are there, but no one really worthy of the pick.

Reaction score
UPDATED DRAFT ORDER:

1. St. Louis (1-15)

2. Detroit (2-14)

3. Tampa Bay (3-13)

4. Washington (4-12)

5. Kansas City (4-12)

6. Seattle (5-11)

7. Cleveland (5-11)

8. Oakland (5-11)

9. Buffalo (6-10)

10t. Denver (acquired from Chicago) (7-9)

10t. Jacksonville (7-9)

12. Miami (7-9)

13. San Francisco (8-8)

14. Seattle (acquired from Denver) (8-8)

15. New York Giants (8-8)

16t. Tennessee (8-8)

16t. San Francisco (acquired from Carolina) (8-8)

18. Pittsburgh (9-7)

19t. Atlanta (9-7)

19t. Houston (9-7)

21. Cincinnati (10-6)

22. New England (10-6)

23. Green Bay (11-5)

24. Philadelphia (11-5)

25. Baltimore (9-7)

26. Arizona (10-6)

27. Dallas (11-5)

28. San Diego (11-5)

29. New York Jets (9-7)

30. Minnesota (12-4)

We all know #31 will go to the SB runner up, and #32 goes to the champs..

Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
Trading that far down would be suicide.
I'm fine with trading down to say 12ish. You can get a OT that will be better than Okung and the G from Idaho with the 14th.
To go that far down you would need their 1st pick and their second and their 1st in 2011.

bobflipaburger said:
Seahawk Freak said:

I was talking about Marshall, no thank you.

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
Our team needs a lot of help, trading down to get a couple of extra 2nd round picks might not be a bad idea. Statistically speaking, 2nd round picks are far more worth it than 1st rounders. They cost less, they are less of a commitment and you kind find fantastic talents there.

Since I am a new guy I will defer to ya'll. That is just my opinion.

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I just hope Pete Carroll stays away from Taylor Mayes and Joe McKnight. Hopefully he doesn't favor USC players just because he coached them for so long...

Reaction score
robdog;44239 said:
I just hope Pete Carroll stays away from Taylor Mayes and Joe McKnight. Hopefully he doesn't favor USC players just because he coached them for so long...
I agree. I'm fine with some late rounders since he has the best chance of getting someone good later in the draft with the knowledge he has of the players he coached, but there really isn't anyone in the first few rounds that fit with what the Seahawks need.

Top Bottom