• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2010 nfl draft

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
The Dolphins went 1-15 in 2007 and then 11-5 in 2008. We can come back next year and win. It has been proven time and again that NFL teams can change it around in no time, one way or the other. Anyway...

I'm hoping for Eric Berry at number six and C.J. Spiller at number 14. :)

Reaction score
Bob weren't you Mays biggest fan about 6 months ago??

He was the best thing since sliced bread...

I hope we don't go after him that early, but seeing as how PC is our coach I wouldn't be shocked.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
A whole college season has since gone by. Last year, everyone was heralding this year's draft as super QB rich. Now most think, "Meh," in regards to the QB talent in the draft.

For the record, I hope we don't take Mays either.

Reaction score
#ONE said:
Bob weren't you Mays biggest fan about 6 months ago??

He was the best thing since sliced bread...

I hope we don't go after him that early, but seeing as how PC is our coach I wouldn't be shocked.

Uh no. I've been very anti-Mays even since before last year's draft. Maybe you're thinking of Eric Berry.

Reaction score
Guys let's not forget Pete Carroll is one of the decision makers in this pick not the 12th MAN and well he coached Mays at USC so be ready for his name to be called by Seattle come Draft Day.

Reaction score
Bob,

I didn't have him confused with Berry, I know thats your current man crush... lol

Must've been somebody else, but I rememeber somebody really liked Mays following the 2008 season, but like 18 said, a season has gone by and aside from his physical attributes (size and speed) he didn't do anything to impress me. But that could've been due to the loss of 3 NFL caliber linebackers and a depleted D line.

that's what I was saying, like it or not, I would not at all be surprised if we drafted him.

Reaction score
maybe Pete will tell his guys to run slow and get a little fat for the combine and you can play for me again when we draft you on the 2nd day! :lol:

Hawk096 said:
Guys let's not forget Pete Carroll is one of the decision makers in this pick not the 12th MAN and well he coached Mays at USC so be ready for his name to be called by Seattle come Draft Day.

TopGear

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
Mays at 6 is a joke right? :lol:

If you recall this kid would have been a top 5 pick last year had he came out.

1. Seattle native - you need players that want to be here

2. Pete Carroll

3. fast and huge and can stuff the run and will hit like a man , not turn his head with a weak shoulder and a pray that he knocks the guy down

4. we need a safety

so no I am not at all joking

Reaction score
We need a safety that can break up passes
Mays can't do that.
After the 09 combine he would not have been a top 10 pick for sure. He submited his name and probably got a late 1st -2nd round rating from the NFL THAT is why he stayed another year. He takes poor angles and reads playaction about as poorly as a Div III playerand his secision making is a little slow. Yeah he is fast for his size but he needs that speed to get to the ball after his head puts him in the wrong position on the field.

TopGear said:
SeahawkWag said:
Mays at 6 is a joke right? :lol:

If you recall this kid would have been a top 5 pick last year had he came out.

1. Seattle native - you need players that want to be here

2. Pete Carroll

3. fast and huge and can stuff the run and will hit like a man , not turn his head with a weak shoulder and a pray that he knocks the guy down

4. we need a safety

so no I am not at all joking

Reaction score
#ONE said:
Bob,

I didn't have him confused with Berry, I know thats your current man crush... lol

Must've been somebody else, but I rememeber somebody really liked Mays following the 2008 season, but like 18 said, a season has gone by and aside from his physical attributes (size and speed) he didn't do anything to impress me. But that could've been due to the loss of 3 NFL caliber linebackers and a depleted D line.

that's what I was saying, like it or not, I would not at all be surprised if we drafted him.

That was Idahawk I believe.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I think blowing recievers up over the middle could be qualified as " breaking up passes". See atari bigby.

I like:
Mays
Gearhart
bradford
fill the rest with OL men

Alt needs: DT/DE/CB (pretty strong DB class.)

Reaction score
See : ooops I got burned again Hamlin
Gerhart should be there in the 2nd but not if we take Spiller at 6
Thinking 14 should be the OG from Idaho or best OT there

szat said:
I think blowing recievers up over the middle could be qualified as " breaking up passes". See atari bigby.

Reaction score
Carroll wants to run the ball effectively so looking at what we have right now, you'd have to consider that he'd want to go after an offensive tackle and a guy like C.J. Spiller. Spiller seems like a perfect fit for the Zone Blocking Scheme with his speed and elusiveness. Draft him, keep Forsett and trade Julius Jones.

If we resign Burleson and the run game gets going like it was suppose to this past season than the Hawk's should have a potent offense. On defense the Hawk's obviously need to work on getting the QB pressured. In Kerney's first year he was a beast, than his pass rushing ability went down the toilet. Hopefully he can get that back up to speed and hopefully Lo-Jack can succeed under his former coach.

Reaction score
I like the idea of getting Spiller... a lot!

But, then we have two smaller sized guys at the RB position. I would love if they picked up LaGangster Blount in the later rounds to give us much needed size and power at the RB position. Especially if he falls to the 7th round.

Spiller, Forsett and Blount...

that would be one hell of a running back trio.

Reaction score
Spiller is 5'11 and 195 pounds. Forsett is 5'8 and 194 pounds. Basically the same, although Spiller is 3 inches taller and only 1 pound heavier. Spiller also has more speed, more elusiveness and is starter potential.

Reaction score
right now based on other teams needs I'd guess we go like this
6 Spiller RB
14 Anthony Davis OT, Bruce Campbell OT, or Mike Iupati OG

Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
right now based on other teams needs I'd guess we go like this
6 Spiller RB
14 Anthony Davis OT, Bruce Campbell OT, or Mike Iupati OG

Campbell: His strength is pass protection, but he's also an improving run blocker. He had an average season, but average for Campbell is very good for a lot of other players. He's a freakish athlete who is extremely strong, and there aren't a lot of offensive tackles like him in the NFL. He's been called the Vernon Davis of offensive linemen. . - Heather Dinich, ESPN

Iupati: Guard???Mike Iupati, senior, 6-6, 330, Idaho, has been selected First Team All-American for the 2009 college football season as voted on by The Associated Press. - AP Sports
The senior is one of three finalists for the Outland Trophy. He hasn't allowed a sack this season and the Vandals often run behind the 6-6, 340-pounder.

Davis: OT Anthony Davis, Rutgers, has been selected First Team All-BIG EAST Conference for the 2009 college football season as voted on by the BIG EAST head coaches. Davis earned first-team accolades for the first time in his career after being named to the all-conference second team a season ago. The Piscataway native started 11 of 12 games at left tackle for the Scarlet Knights in 2009. - Rutgers football
Starter since Freshman season.

Top Bottom