• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2008 or 2009 Seahawks?

Which team is better?

• 2008 Seahawks

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
After another embarrassing loss, I got to thinking, which team is/was worse? The 2008 Seahawks or the 2009 Seahawks? I think the 2009 Seahawks are worse. The 2008 Seahawks were at least competitive. This bunch is not even in the game by the second quarter. Of our five losses, only the Bears game was even remotely close. This team is awful.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
They were in the game today at half.
I contend that it is hard to play on road in dallas, but they got crushed.
Turnovers killed us.

Last year with the WR out I think was worse, but if matt goes down this year, again, (very likely) then I switch my vote from 2008 to 2009.

Reaction score
It's just a matter of getting some consistency on the O-line... And some more talent would hurt. Also Matt and Housh need to get on the same page. If those 2 things happen our offense will be pretty good and our defense won't be on the field as much. Our defense is good, but when they're out on the field this much it won't look that way. Fix the O-line and this team goes from 6-10 to a possible playoff team. Also it seems to be becoming a trend that we give up a big play on special teams... Today on that return for a TD no one even got a hand on Crayton besides John Ryan... There's actually been a couple times this year that Ryan has brought down a returner to save a TD, today we weren't so lucky... But overall I think the problems we have this year are much easier fixed than the ones we had last year,

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Good point on the ST play, ive noticed that too —a slight decline.
Also.. Burleson is no longer our A-1 returner, and our new guys seem to make boneheaded decisions, just like today when forsett decides to feild the high kick on the 8 yard line.

Reaction score
At least we scored a TD against the Cowgirls. Last year we hit 3 FGs, today we got 2 TDs and 1 FG.

Reaction score
2008 Offense was mainly back-ups and third stringers. 2009 OL is the same make-up. I still think it has more to do with the inconsistent play we have this year. Like Bob said they need to actually get in a rhythm together. I still think we have a good chance at taking the West and will stick with that. Having said that at least last years team was consistent.

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
2008 Offense was mainly back-ups and third stringers. 2009 OL is the same make-up. I still think it has more to do with the inconsistent play we have this year. Like Bob said they need to actually get in a rhythm together. I still think we have a good chance at taking the West and will stick with that. Having said that at least last years team was consistent.
Consistently bad. :lol:

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
Record does not always line up with which is the better "TEAM". Last year I understood what was going on, our team had legit reasons for not being a contender. These reasons were not that we were not a good team, instead it was a serious of uncontrollable circumstances.

Coach Holmgren had one foot out the door which caused much distraction amongst the players.

Injuries plagued us worse than ever as nearly every starter on both sides of the ball suffered some type of injury, many of which were more than nagging.

Wallace played a good share of the year, and even Frye got to play a game. Both of which were terrible options.

We had many close losses last season despite these factors. (2008 Season)
Losses by 3: SF, MIA, WAS, NE
Losses by 6: NE
Losses by 10: GB, TB

(2009 Season)

Losses by 6: CHI
Losses by 11: ARI

The rest were blowouts.

We held our own against some solid teams last season and could have easily gotten 5+ more wins from close games in 2008 and that was with our backups.

We are far more healthy this season than last, and yet our play is far more pathetic this season than last. I would not call what we have a "TEAM". Instead I would say it is a bunch of disgruntled players who gave up on their TEAM long ago.

2008 is the better "TEAM", 2009 just has the better talent available.

Top Bottom