• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Whitehurst’s Flag Day

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Is there anything Charlie Whitehurst can’t do?
The Seahawks’ backup quarterback “lost” to Senior PGA golfer Jay Don Blake this afternoon in a closest-to-the-pin competition after practice. But even Blake had to admire the second of Whitehurst’s three shots, as it hit the flag that was 80 yards away.
“I didn’t really realize the competition we were going to have with these football players,” Blake said. “I went out there and hit a pretty good shot and I think you’ve got to give it to the football team for coming out here, second shot and hitting the flag without knocking it out of the hole.
“I mean, I hit it 2½ feet. But I think his shot was better.”
Whitehurst, who defended his title in the team’s homerun derby 10 days ago and has completed 28 of 39 passes for 212 yards in the first two preseason games, took the diplomatic road when asked about his latest impressive exploit.
“If that thing doesn’t hit the flag, it was 20 feet past,” Whitehurst said. “So 2½ feet, it’s hard to beat. It was a heckuva shot he hit.”
Blake hit before Whitehurst, so when Blake’s second shot got that close it altered Whitehurst’s plan.
“It affected my approach a little,” Whitehurst said. “I had to go right at it and I was little strong.”
For the record, Blake’s winning shot was 2 feet, 4 inches from the pin, while Whitehurst was second at 8 feet, 4 inches. Mike Goodes, another Senior Tour golfer who’s also in town for the Champions Tour’s Boeing Classic at TPC Snoqualmie Ridge this weekend, was next at 12 feet, 3 inches. Seahawks wide receiver Golden Tate’s best effort was 15 feet, 4 inches.
“I got beat by a pretty good golfer,” Whitehurst said. “I’ve got a lot of respect for what these guys do. Great golfers. Obviously the Champions Tour is what everybody’s dream is at that age. So it was just fun to be out here and meet these guys.”

b.gif
GfTPUrUikDQ

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom