• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Where are we now?

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder if PC/JS even have a plan?

Are we still rebuilding or fine tuning for a Superbowl run?

I expected this to be year of growth, time for our new QB and Offense to learn to work together as a team. Building timing, consistancy, familiarity and communication.

Instead it's starting to feel like PC is trying to force this team into something it isn't ready for. Kinda reminds me of the Eagles attempt to bring in players that give them the best chance to win. One small problem, teams need time to learn to play together. Another problem, it is a little late to be changing tactics.

There was a time when Hass to Engram was almost a guarantee. Was Hass and Engram really that good?

Reaction score
Because of the recievers? Bryant has already been released, Owens is only here for a workout and hasn't signed anything yet.... So you're comparing signing Braylon Edwards to Nnamdi, Babin, Jenkins, Jason Peters, DRC, and Vince Young?

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Not just the WR's, the entire team. It seems like nothing is decided. Nobody is sure where anyone is going to play or what string they belong to. I'm cool with competition but you need to form a unit and let it grow before you have a competition.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I think at MOST posistion groups the #1s are established, but at WR/QB/ MLB they compete, thats what camp is for.

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Yeah I totally get that, but this desperate scramble for veteran WR's doesn't seem like what a team in rebuild mode should be doing. Seems like PC isn't drinking his own juice or hasn't bought into the plan (whatever that is).

53 players, for every washed up vet we have on the roster it will delay development of a young player. It would make a lot more sense if PC was bringing in young talented WR's to grow with the team. It really doesn't make sense to bring in players like TO right now. I think it is just going to be a distraction and we will be back to square one when the season is over.

Reaction score
Just because the team is young doesn't mean the ENTIRE team has to be young. Its good to have veterans that the young guys can learn stuff from jjust by watching them. TO probably won't make the best mentor, but if any of the young recievers have a question for him I'm sure he'd answer it. Lost in all of the TO drama is the fact that he has a great work ethic.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Yeah I totally get that, but this desperate scramble for veteran WR's doesn't seem like what a team in rebuild mode should be doing. Seems like PC isn't drinking his own juice or hasn't bought into the plan (whatever that is).

This team is bridging the "rebuilding mode" to "making a run" mode. Rebuild was official started at PC tenure in 2010, when the roster was was oblitirated, and was built from the inside out. Meaning, start with OL, and then get the surronding pieces, WR/QB is that last piece to get this Offense rolling. I challenge anyone to show me a position goup personnel in the last 5 years that is better then what we have today. Excluding Matt Hasselbeck of course, dont even want to go there.

Top Bottom