• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

What if we tie San Francisco ?

Reaction score
On the other hand... If we go in with a 1 game lead and beat them in SF, we basically clinch the division. 2 game lead and the H2H tiebreaker with 3 games left to play. One more win is all we'd need.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
I wasn't exactly sure what 'Strength of Victory' meant or how it was determined so I had it going all the way down to strength of schedule, which would also favor the Niners for the same reason strength of victory does.
Bob makes a good point but the main point of even discussing tiebreakers only 7 games into the season is that the Niners technically still control their own destiny.

Reaction score
I'm fairly confident we will win in SF. As long as we are healthy at the line by then. Our defense is playing much better than week 2. Especially against the run. They had a pretty dominant win vs Houston but that's after we broke that team and Schaub. Outside of that game they haven't really done anything that makes me think we wont walk away with a W.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Run defense was one question mark I had coming into the season. There was little doubt the pass rush was going to be much improved but with the new guys on the line coming in it was tough to tell if the run defense would improve or regress. It's been looking pretty good so far which is encouraging. It needed to get better as the run defense became more of an issue last year as the season went on.
The man coverage skills of the DBs often allows for an extra in the box, usually Kam, against the Niners which I think is a big reason why they have so much more trouble against our defense than against other teams, particularly with their run game and the read option. The Hawks just have to make sure there's no exploit to be found this time around, like what happened when we played them there last year.

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm fairly confident we will win in SF. As long as we are healthy at the line by then. Our defense is playing much better than week 2. Especially against the run. They had a pretty dominant win vs Houston but that's after we broke that team and Schaub. Outside of that game they haven't really done anything that makes me think we wont walk away with a W.
Are you still confident? Seems to me you have some O line issues and a bit of trouble defending the run. I don't see you coming into SF and beating us at the Stick. IMHO.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
One bad game doesn't make a season...see the Niners two loses for proof. If you think you'll see that every week you may be sad come December.

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
One bad game doesn't make a season...see the Niners two loses for proof. If you think you'll see that every week you may be sad come December.
Completely agree. I am really focusing on a single upcoming game, which I think we win.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
We shouldn't need to tell a 49ers fan that the Rams can be tough lol.

They beat the Rams in St. Louis 34-10 and they pretty much dominated throughout.
Last night we got dominated by the same team on the same field. That game last night showed where the Hawks are right now and it's not where they want to be. Red flags all around.
Something can be said about the Hawks totally getting their ass handed to them and still finding a way to win. But we already went through that in Houston. It gets to the point where you can't hang your hat on that anymore. They gotta take it and build on it, not just revert back to winning ugly again. If it happens too many times, it gets you to wonder if that's really all they got to put on the table.
This team right now isn't near where they were at the end of last season and is definitely not Super Bowl material. The question now becomes, are the problems fixable? I've believed for a while now that this team will go as far as the O-line takes them. But it went beyond that last night. Run defense took a bit of a beating and there were a lot of open receivers most of the night too, including the two picks that ultimately saved the Hawks. Those two picks were gifts from a backup QB.

Right now, even though the Hawks are 7-1, I'd put them about 5th in the NFC as far as where they are at and how many issues need to be addressed/fixed. They are vulnerable as hell against stronger front sevens, which puts them behind the 8-ball against teams like the Packers, Niners, Carolina.

As long as the passing game is ineffective, teams will continue to load the box like the Rams did. They will get away with it until the pass protection gets better.

Hate to rag on the Hawks like this but I had to take the homer glasses off after that game last night.

Last edited:

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
I wonder if people are done writing off Carolina now. They are for real. They won 5 out of their last 6 to close out 2012 and going into today had the best net point differential in the conference.
We could be seeing them again in the playoffs.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
I wonder if people are done writing off Carolina now. They are for real. They won 5 out of their last 6 to close out 2012 and going into today had the best net point differential in the conference.
We could be seeing them again in the playoffs.

I'm writing off their offense but their a solid front seven on D ,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
I kinda see them the same way. But if your defense is giving up fewer than 15 points then the offense doesn't have to do a whole lot to win. We scored 12 on them in Week 1 and it was a hard fought 12 at that.

This is kinda aimed at all the junkheads out there who have been knocking the Hawks all season for only beating a "crap" team like the Panthers by 5 in week 1. Most good teams would have lost to them that day. I've been knocking on the Hawks for some shaky wins against weak teams this year but never knocked them on the Carolina game. That was the kind of win to hang your hat on.
Most Niner fans thought they would put up a mild challenge today but nothing to really worry about. It didn't surprise me at all that Carolina beat them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom