• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Weight just a minute

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
INDIANAPOLIS – The history of the NFL scouting combine is littered with stories of offensive linemen who ate themselves out of first-round grades by showing up way too heavy. Then there’s Tyron Smith, the tackle from USC who played at 285 last season but checked in here at 307. It was “good” weight, however. His [...]
b.gif

ap110226119607.jpg

INDIANAPOLIS – The history of the NFL scouting combine is littered with stories of offensive linemen who ate themselves out of first-round grades by showing up way too heavy.

Then there’s Tyron Smith, the tackle from USC who played at 285 last season but checked in here at 307. It was “good” weight, however.

His secret? No more trips to McDonald’s.

“In college, McDonald’s – all day and every day, basically,” Smith said of his previous dietary habits.

Of getting right, he added, “I stopped eating junk food and just started eating right, and three meals a day – breakfast, lunch and dinner and having little snacks in between. I surprised myself when I hit the 300 mark, I didn’t think I’d get higher than that.”

So, he actually added weight by eating less junk food? How does that work?

“I burned it off really quickly,” he said of all those Big Mac and even bigger fries combos. “I have a very high metabolism.”

b.gif
Ck49qc7MuHQ

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom