• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Vote for the Hawks to win Super Bowl by 5/13

Reaction score
Check it out...we're actually favored! When has that ever happened?

http://www.nfl.com/predicttheseason

Voting ends Monday, May 13!

As cool as that is, I don't know if it's a good thing or not...I always prefer to be under-estimated and then over-surprise.
I love the short video where the guy breaks down the matchup. Every matchup goes to the Hawks. Can the Broncos stop Marshawn Lynch? I don't think so. Can Peyton Manning pass on the Seahawks secondary? I don't think so.... lol its worth a watch.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Why does the hype scare you? If they prove to be overhyped and fall short it probably won't be the hype itself that does them in, regardless of what the Hawk haters say.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
I see what you're saying. At least the hype won't hurt their chances in any way. Might increase the backlash if they fall short but any fan out there that's been around a while will have the proper perspective on it and know that there's no such thing as a sure thing.
As a matter of fact there's probably going to be a far better than even chance the Hawks won't make it and lesser chance still of winning it. The best preseason odds in the league are gonna be around 3 to 1 or 9 to 4 and with the perceived margin between the Hawks and Niners being as small as it is, the two teams lessen each other's chances even further and the deciding factor even within our own division is gonna boil down to luck.
I'd rather do without the hype as well but it's there and it's warranted for the most part. This team's for real and the main difference between this team and the Eagles of the last 2 or 3 years is Russell Wilson (as opposed to Vick) and far superior depth. Being hyped is the price they pay for being a good team, locked and loaded for a legit SB run. Dan Dierdorf probably had that kind of thing in mind when he said a while back, "it ain't always easy being Goliath." "David" is gonna be gunning for them now.

As hyped as they are though, the Vegas oddsmakers still have them at around 4th or 5th in the league as far as the odds go when they could easily be #1 so it's not too bad.

Top Bottom