• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Trading Down

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
What would you want for the #4 pick?

Peter King suggests that since the Redskins are so smitten with Mark Sanchez, either KC, Seattle, or Cleveland should take the 'Skins' 1st and 3rd rounder this year (they have no 2nd) and their 2nd rounder next year.

Is that good enough for you? They pick 13th and about 75th this year. I say go for it should the option be there. I am not even remotely convinced that the player taken at #4 is going to be better than the player taken at #13. Plus, we pick up a 3rd rounder and then another 2nd rounder next year.

I think this would be my optimal draft day scenario.

Idahawk

Reaction score
At 13 we could take one of the top RB available and would ( if we were to trade ) have a whole bunch of picks to fill just about every hole we have...I think it be a huge score to get out of that 4 pick .

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
Dont see it. I love Curry, but Seattle traded J.P because they had too much money going to LB's. I see Washing trading with K.C. Maybe, but not with Seattle. I would love to trade out of the 4, but dont think there are any teams that will want to move into the top 5. There are no real players in this draft that warrant the money that goes to the top 5.

Draft Prediction:

1. Lions -Smith
2. Rams -Stafford
3. Chiefs - Curry
4. Hawks - Sanchez
5. Browns - Crabtree

Reaction score
Seahawk Freak said:
Dont see it. I love Curry, but Seattle traded J.P because they had too much money going to LB's. I see Washing trading with K.C. Maybe, but not with Seattle. I would love to trade out of the 4, but dont think there are any teams that will want to move into the top 5. There are no real players in this draft that warrant the money that goes to the top 5.

Draft Prediction:

1. Lions -Smith
2. Rams -Stafford
3. Chiefs - Curry
4. Hawks - Sanchez
5. Browns - Crabtree

God I hope you are wrong...

Reaction score
I do think we will take the full 10 minutes on our pick. So when we pick I recommend everyone sit back and take a little nap... :)

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
I do think we will take the full 10 minutes on our pick. So when we pick I recommend everyone sit back and take a little nap... :)

I am so nervous for our pick. We can go so many different ways. Can't the draft be today?!

Reaction score
Ruskell has considered it, but he said no one is really calling. Aka, not many teams are even considering trading up to the 4th.

Idahawk

Reaction score
phaZe said:
Ruskell has considered it, but he said no one is really calling. Aka, not many teams are even considering trading up to the 4th.

" If you build it , they will come " everything that comes out of any teams mouth right now is smoke and mirrors and we can pass at the 4 spot and step right back in whenever we want so there are options....not having a real need makes this draft pretty exciting IMO....I can't wait

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm not sure how someone can say Washington would trade with KC but not Seattle. Where's the logic there?

Reaction score
I think the perfect world is this:
Washington trades its picks to KC and takes Sanchez at pick 3. Prior to that it goes like this:
D-City takes Stafford.
St Losers take Jason Smith.
Washington takes Sanchez.
WITH THE FOURTH SELECTION OF THE 2009 NFL DRAFT. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS HAVE SELECTED LINEBACKER OUT OF WAKE FOREST AARON CURRY WITH THE FOURTH SELECTION OF THE DRAFT.

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm just not sure why we want to pay a LB that much money. Or anyone really. Especially in this draft. What a shitty year to be picking so high.

Trading down (although extremely unlikely) is the best path. Or to put it in some Huddle rhetoric: #4 is not an option.

S

Seattlehawk94

hawkfanadam said:
Can't the draft be today?!

Tell me about it...Canucks are off....Mariners are off....

Nothing good going on...I ALMOST...Repeat....ALMOST actually started watching some of the Spurposse vs the Mavwrecks game....ALMOST..

Get some Indian takeout!

Naw....My friend's mom cooks better curry than than real homemade Indian food with the real stuff...But I do have the hankering for some Curry on Saturday morning at some point....Blue Curry with a side of "Welcome to Seattle"...

Reaction score
I am in the process of writing an article on the draft and that's going to kick-off this week. I will be writing an article a day preparing for the draft. Unsure of what tomorrow's will be or Thursday or Fridays, but Saturday I'm figuring to go with something along the lines of a first draft since 1998 without a man by the name of Mike Holmgren.

S

Seattlehawk94

You should do a review of all of Holmgren's drafts in Seattle....

Some of the names will scare you..

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
You should do a review of all of Holmgren's drafts in Seattle....

Some of the names will scare you..
I was thinking of doing that for Friday and how they panned out. I don't have classes Friday so I could spend the day actually digging up the players and searching how they panned out. I will probably start working on that one tomorrow and run it Friday.

So far:
Today- Talk about our first-round pick and who might fit the pick.
Wednesday- Not sure.
Thursday- Jim Mora's picks in Atlanta.
Friday- Mike Holmgren's picks with Seattle and how they panned out.
Saturday- First Seahawk Draft since 1998 in which Mike Holmgren won't be in the war room.
Sunday- Article on first two picks of our 2009 Class.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Number 18 said:
I'm just not sure why we want to pay a LB that much money. Or anyone really. Especially in this draft. What a shitty year to be picking so high.

Trading down (although extremely unlikely) is the best path. Or to put it in some Huddle rhetoric: #4 is not an option.

Denver is working out Sanchez , I don't know how they think he could fall to them unless they are thinking of trading up.....I know its a slim chance .....but I give better then a 40 % chance that we will deal this pick , somehow , someway

Top Bottom