• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Questions and Answers

Reaction score
Here's a topic in which if you my viewers have any questions about the State of Seahawks you can ask me and I'll answer as soon as I can. Questions can be:
-Rumors?
-State of Seahawks and what's going on with them.
-Anything you want to know about the Seahawks.

I have no inside information, but will try the best I can to give you the best logical answer. I hope you enjoy and I hope to get you guys interavtive in the blog.

Thanks and hope to get questions.

mlemour

Huddler
Reaction score
Who do you blame for the Seahawks poor performance last couple of years?

Is Brown a better pickup for LT to get in this year's draft?

How close do the Seahawks get to 1st place this year?

mlemour

Huddler
Reaction score
For what it's worth, Chiefs beat writer Kent Babb says that the team will select Bryan Bulaga with this pick. This coincides with a Peter King report that notes the Chiefs are unlikely to take Eric Berry at No. 5.

The report basically cited a conversation Thomas Dimitroff and Scott Pioli had at the owners' meeting. Pioli reminded Dimitroff that he doesn't like taking safeties early. And neither does anyone else - aside from Sean Taylor, no safety has been picked in the top five since Eric Turner back in 1991.

Would you take Eric Berry over a LT at pick #6 ?

Is Eric Berry the next Kenny Easley?

Would you even consider trading out of the #6 pick like to SF for #13, #16? So Seahawks would have #13, #14 and #17

Would you say that Jim Mora didnt get enough time to prove himself or he maxed out his potential with the Seahawks in his first year?

What made Steve Largent such a great Wide Receiver?

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
mlemour;47285 said:
It depends on who's available.

mlemour;47285 said:
I'm not sure but we better be sure if we take him at #6.

mlemour;47285 said:
Would you even consider trading out of the #6 pick like to SF for #13, #16? So Seahawks would have #13, #14 and #17
Looking at the trade value chart: [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2410670"]NFL draft-pick value chart - NFL - ESPN[/ame] we would have to give up #60 overall as well as our #6 overall to get #13 and 17. Usually teams don't trade within their division like that but if that were to happen I would be fine with it as we could always trade up in to the 3rd round for someone we want.

mlemour;47285 said:
Would you say that Jim Mora didnt get enough time to prove himself or he maxed out his potential with the Seahawks in his first year?
Jim Mora had potential?

mlemour;47285 said:
Steve Largent was the best route running receiver of all time. He was so good at running routes that a lot of the time he was wide open. Some people said he wasn't fast but he was fast enough. He had unbelievable hands and him and Jim Zorn were so in sync with each other that they made each other better players.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Sorry I did not get the questions until today. I am dealing with the passing of a High School friend and will answer these questions come Monday or Tuesday. Thank You very much for posting Questions and looking forward to discussing them when the time be!

mlemour

Huddler
Reaction score
Would Marshall Lynch From the Buffalo Bills be a good fit for the Seahawks?

Why do you think there are more suspensions now more than when Steve Largent was playing?

Who would you say is your top 5 Seahawks 1st round busts?

If Russell Okung and Eric Berry were both available and you had to choose one, which one would it be?

Which Sports radio station is better ESPN 710 am or KJR 950 am?

Reaction score
mlemour;47380 said:

Why do you think there are more suspensions now more than when Steve Largent was playing?

Who would you say is your top 5 Seahawks 1st round busts?

If Russell Okung and Eric Berry were both available and you had to choose one, which one would it be?

Which Sports radio station is better ESPN 710 am or KJR 950 am?
That's a no-brainer, Okung.

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
mlemour;47380 said:

Yes, but not for anything higher than a 5th round pick.

Why do you think there are more suspensions now more than when Steve Largent was playing?[/QUOTE said:
More money = more access to "bad stuff". Oh - and Roger Goodell is a power-crazed totalitarian. :rules:

Who would you say is your top 5 Seahawks 1st round busts?[/quote said:
Rick Mirer, Rick Mirerer, Rick Mirererer, Chris McIntosh, Marcus Tubbs

If Russell Okung and Eric Berry were both available and you had to choose one said:
Wow... tough one. And a proble I don't expect to have, as KC has said they will be taking an OT and WA really needs one. But unless Carrol thinks that Brown is about as good, you have to go with Okung. Then hope Morgan is there at 14.

Which Sports radio station is better ESPN 710 am or KJR 950 am?[/quote said:
ESPN 710... except when Callabro talks about Football. Man, is he clueless on the Seahawks! GO, Liz!

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Who do you blame for the Seahawks poor performance last couple of years?
I don't blame anyone other than injuries. I know injuries are part of the game, but when you send more than 5 starters to the IR you have bad luck with the injury bug that year. If you had to blame a person it's hard to do, but easy to blame Tim Ruskell. His job was to draft and sign players that could help our team out in the long-run. He didn't do that and that's obvious with the fallout from injuries. We had no depth at the most key position on the football field- Left Tackle and notice what it's gotten us.

Is Brown a better pickup for LT to get in this year's draft?
It's hard to say for sure. Yes Brown knows Carroll's offense, but he's not familiar with Alex Gibbs zone-blocking scheme. He does seem smaller which is better for the zone-blocking scheme and he appears to be a better run blocker than some might be. However I don't know if he's worth the 6th overall pick and he will be gone by their 2nd-round pick. I still think either Russell of Bryan will be the 1st-pick come Thursday.

How close do the Seahawks get to 1st place this year?
If the offensive line improves and injuries decrease at the key position then I think Seattle is the best team in the West. With Kurt Warner retiring I would rank a healthy Matt Hasselbeck as the top QB in the West. If the line and defense doesn't stay consistent and improve look for another 3rd place finish.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
No as I've said before I think OT is our biggest need and there is no way both Bryan and Russell are gone at 6th. Having said that if they were then yes I do go with Berry at 6th and try and trade the 14th for a later pick to land Brown.

That's some high expectations and honestly I can't say. I never saw Easley play and don't know how truly good he was- therefore you should ask a more "older" Seahawk fan LOL.
Yes I know he's one of the most underrated Safeties and Bill Walsh once said "had he played for any other team than Seattle he would have been a 1st-ballot Hall of Famer." So obviously he was good, but I don't know his strengths as a Safety. I know he was one of the hardest hitters at his position, but that's about it.

Would you even consider trading out of the #6 pick like to SF for #13, #16? So Seahawks would have #13, #14 and #17?
Any other team yes, but a team in our division giving them the possibility at a top 10 talent guy NO! I wouldn't even think of it.

I thought he would get another year at-least. He hurt himself with being too friendly to old coaches example Greg Knapp. I think he hurt himself the most though at the end of the year with Seattle continuing to get blown out. At least Holmgren's last year as much as they lost most of the games were close and they were still in it until the end. Plus they had more injuries than this past team experienced.

Again sorry I can't answer this. I was born in 1989 and that was Largent's last year in the NFL. Obviously given his records at the position he was a great WR without question.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
As for the rest of the questions I am going to study those so I will be able to give more info on the questions. It's been a rough weekend for me so I will tackle these questions later.

mlemour

Huddler
Reaction score
Who do you think the Seahawks pick in this first round?

Will the Oakand Raiders trade for Big Ben?

Would you trade your #60 pick for M. Lynch of the Buffalo Bills?

Do you believe that there should be a salary cap in the NFL or should P.Allen be able to spend ny money they want to bring home the championship?

Would you say UW Huskies football team could be in 3rd place in the PAC 10 next year?

Do you think the #14 get traded as Brock Huard says?

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
I think they go OT at 6th and the 14th pick might very well get traded. If they go OT with 6th then I see them going either Okung or Bryan with the pick. Depending on which one is available and which one impressed them the most during private workouts.

Not after his suspension today. They'll miss him the first four at least games of the season and it wouldn't be worth giving up what the Steelers will want in exchange for him. Nor will the Steelers lower the asking price given his suspension.

No I think we have more needs than a RB right now. If we have a consistent OL and get rid of Julius Jones then it's possible I would make this trade, but I don't see a consistent OL and I think the staff likes Jones otherwise they would have let him go or traded him already.

Do you believe that there should be a salary cap in the NFL or should P.Allen be able to spend ny money they want to bring home the championship?
As big of a Yankee fan I am one thing I want in all sports- a Salary Cap. I think the salary cap is what makes the NFL so much better than other sports. At the end of the year a team starts 0-0 again, but they have the money to go out and sign anyone unlike other sports. I think the Salary Cap makes it the most fair in the NFL and I think it also benefits the players the best in the long run.

Would you say UW Huskies football team could be in 3rd place in the PAC 10 next year?
I'll be dead honest I know nothing about college football, but I will say with the loss of Pete Carroll in USC anythings possible now.

Yes I don't think Seattle wants to have to pay three guys top 15 money (pick 6 and Aaron Curry). I think if Seattle goes OT at first and a true safety is off of the board they will look to try and get an earlier pick in the second along with a third pick in this year's NFL Draft. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Seattle trades out of this pick, but I haven't heard any info as to trades being talked with other teams for this pick.

Reaction score
mlemour;47582 said:

"Here's a topic in which if you my viewers have any questions about the State of Seahawks you can ask me and I'll answer as soon as I can." ;)

-------------------------

As of right now, is Justin Forsett the starting runningback for the Seahawks in 2010?

mlemour

Huddler
Reaction score
DO you thnk that it would be wise to bring back Jim Zorn?

Is Whitehurst worth what the Seahawks paid for him?

Why do you think the Seattle Seahawks got cheated out of winning the Super bowl, when they played the Pittsburgh Steelers?

Do you think the NFL staged it so the Seahawks would lose the super bowl?

Would you say Dave Krieg was a so-so quarterback considerng his hands were too small and he let balls slip out of his hands and fumble too much?

mlemour

Huddler
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3XGAR3-lcM&feature=related]YouTube - Largent's Hit[/ame]

I miss these days!

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
DO you think that it would be wise to bring back Jim Zorn?
Not under this coaching staff. It's one thing to be familiar with the coaches and the system they run, but it's another thing to come in and have to learn the system that the new coach is running. Zorn would have to do that with Jeremy Bates offense and even get familiar with the Alex Gibbs zone-blocking scheme. Plus I don't think Zorn would want to come back as a QB coach and Bates isn't going anywhere as Offensive Coordinator.

Is Whitehurst worth what the Seahawks paid for him?
I can't judge I've never seen Charlie play a regular season game :emoticon-0105-wink:. I think Seattle gave up way too much on both sides of the ball- draft and money for a guy whose never truly played in an NFL game. I wouldn't haven given up that much for Whitehurst, but then again it's a gamble and sometimes gambles pay off.

Top Bottom