• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Playing GM - Running Backs

Idahawk

Reaction score
This is going to be an interesting story as things develop , even though he's locked up for next season it will be a contract year so the questions are ; What, if any type of deal should Lynch get ? And, Should Michael replace Turbin next season and is Turbin likely gone ?

Here's a piece by Sando about the situation from earlier this year.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/pos...he-seattle-seahawks-and-the-bigger-rb-picture

Free Brandon Browner

Reaction score
Lynch hasn't shown any signs of slowing down. He was huge in the playoffs. I see Lynch as the type of guy that will go hard until his body breaks down and he can no longer play.

I like Michael and he has potential to be great in this league but he's not Lynch. Michael is a one cut and burst up the field type of guy. He's got power but does he have a "Beast Mode"? We don't know.

As long as Lynch is playing at a high level, you have to keep him. Can't risk him going to another team. Especially in the West.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Turbin would have a dozen big runs if they weren't all called back on penalties.

Sent from a cell at the CLink...

seahawkblitz

Huddler
Reaction score
Michael needs to get more playing time to see what we have in waiting just in case. Lynch is coming up on the 30 year mark where RB's always seem to hit the wall. And given his violent/physical style of play, it could come even sooner for him. But for now, he is the driving force behind our offense, and I hope he gets rewarded for that when the time comes.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
I think it's going to be another Matt Hasslebeck situation , where the guy has a few good years left but age and money force a move . Lynch may be sacrificed to sign Wagner , Sherm , Earl and Wilson , not a choice I'd want to make .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Reaction score
I think it's going to be another Matt Hasslebeck situation , where the guy has a few good years left but age and money force a move . Lynch may be sacrificed to sign Wagner , Sherm , Earl and Wilson , not a choice I'd want to make .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Hasselbeck had significant drop off in 08-10 compared to his hay days in 05-07. As much as I loved the guy, and y'all know I did he was a shell of his former self.

If Lynch drops off, he's gone. I just don't see it happening anytime soon.

Reaction score
Michael needs to get more playing time to see what we have in waiting just in case. Lynch is coming up on the 30 year mark where RB's always seem to hit the wall. And given his violent/physical style of play, it could come even sooner for him. But for now, he is the driving force behind our offense, and I hope he gets rewarded for that when the time comes.
Lynch will be 28 in April. He's two+ plus years shy of 30. Don't jump the gun. Even if he drops off at 30, if we get two more "beast mode" years out of him, that'll be fantastic.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Lynch is still under a good contract getting top RB money.
Let that contract expire, then evaluate a final contract deal, keep him in seattle.

When Lynch isn't effective starter I could see him being a goal line or spot duty guy to whoever the bell cow is, and I dont seeing either of the other two being that guy.

Reaction score
Lynch is still under a good contract getting top RB money.
Let that contract expire, then evaluate a final contract deal, keep him in seattle.

When Lynch isn't effective starter I could see him being a goal line or spot duty guy to whoever the bell cow is, and I dont seeing either of the other two being that guy.

We haven't seen enough of Michael to really make an assessment of what he is or isn't. He doesn't appear to have that power game but I could be wrong. He's 5'10" 220LB so he could pack a punch. Only time will tell.

Reaction score
I hope they bring Michael Robinson back. I think he was on a one year deal.

I know he's getting up there in age, but the dude can still lay a damn good block. He had a key block on that TD run by Lynch in XLVII.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
The question is what kind of deal do they give him ? 1 or 2 years or another 4 , what would he take or want ? Turbins deal is up after next season as well and Michael the following season. Lynch could possible get big bucks from another team, while Seattle goes with the cheaper younger option.

Free Brandon Browner

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
We haven't seen enough of Michael to really make an assessment of what he is or isn't. He doesn't appear to have that power game but I could be wrong. He's 5'10" 220LB so he could pack a punch. Only time will tell.

I think he does have the power, not lynch power but more the turbin. My concern and the reason I'm hesitant to call him a bell cow type back is his durability.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I hope they bring Michael Robinson back. I think he was on a one year deal.

I know he's getting up there in age, but the dude can still lay a damn good block. He had a key block on that TD run by Lynch in XLVII.

You have to wonder how much his return played into this super bowl season.

seahawkblitz

Huddler
Reaction score
I don't think it's necessarily about having the power. All players in the league are big, fast, and strong. It comes down to a matter of "want to". More so than his body, it is Lynch's heart and will that separates him form the rest. He's not concerned with living for the next play, he only wants to get every inch out of the current play when he has the ball in his hand. We can easily find a player who is as fast and as strong as Lynch. But there is only one "Beast Mode"! His strongest attributes come from the inside and can't be measured at the Combine.

And I would definitely like to see Robinson back, he's got to have a few years left in him. How old was Mack when he hung up his cleats? And he probably would not have gotten cut in the first place to start the season except for the fact that he was sick and couldn't practice.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
matter of "want to". More so than his body, it is Lynch's heart and will that separates him form the rest.

While I agree with your statement about heart, not all men are created equally.
Marshawn Lynch is a SHIT BRICK HOUSE. There are lots of big, fast, strong, RB's but None are built or are as durable as Marshawn.

Also i think there is 'pain threshold' and playing 'with injury' that goes along with this.

My thing is I think CM has the skills and want to, but is he durable, and can play through injury.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score

Hate to say it but I've been telling people for a while now that once Lynch's current deal is done, the Hawks likely won't re-up. He'll be a cap casualty. It sucks but that's what I think will happen. It's gonna be his age that will put him on the fringe and if Michael pans out then that would pretty much seal it. It'll boil down to a choice between retaining a 30 year old Lynch vs retaining one or more of the younger core players.

The Hawks might have misfired on Michael by trading down to get him as opposed to picking Lacy but time will tell. If they'd have gone with Lacy, Lynch might already have been on the bubble after this year. Not that I think Lacy's a better RB of course but he's younger and cheaper so therefore a lot more bang for the buck. And bang for the buck is what's gonna keep this team on top in the coming years.

seahawkblitz

Huddler
Reaction score
I'd hate to see him go, but I'd much rather have it go down like that as opposed to a huge Alexander type contract to a player in the later years of his career. I don't see Lynch falling off a cliff like he did. But a big payday to at that stage of his career could be risky.

RenegadeHawkFan

Huddler
Reaction score

Christine michael is fast and has some power. Watch his highlights from preseason he gets his speed up so much that he turns into a lil bowling ball. Hes not afraid of contact. Look at the first raiders highlight he knocks a guys helmet clear off. He could be special.

Top Bottom