• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

OC Jeremy Bates Fired

Reaction score
Looks like the front office was just as disappointed in Bates as the fans were. ESPN's Adam Schefter is reporting that the Seahawks have been talking to Josh McDaniels since Monday (Yesterday). McDaniels would be Bates' replacement if they decide to sign him.

S

Seattlehawk94

The Cable Guy is from Snohomish County so that makes sense...

McDaniels is coming here.....You don't fire Master Bates unless you have some better lined up being Pete and him have a history, I'm guessing it's a done deal..

OP
Fenom
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;53988 said:
The Cable Guy is from Snohomish County so that makes sense...

McDaniels is coming here.....You don't fire Master Bates unless you have some better lined up being Pete and him have a history, I'm guessing it's a done deal..
The Vikings interviewed McDaniels as well, but they don't have a QB so you'd think he would rather come to Seattle.

S

Seattlehawk94

I really think they wouldn't have fired MB if they didn't think they had an upgrade with pretty much a deal in place..

Much like what happened with Moron Jr. and PC last year..

OP
Fenom
Reaction score
@AdamSchefter Another OC candidate the Seahawks are considering is Baltimore's Jim Zorn, a choice that would be popular in Seattle's locker room.

Seattlehawk94;53993 said:
I really think they wouldn't have fired MB if they didn't think they had an upgrade with pretty much a deal in place..

Much like what happened with Moron Jr. and PC last year..
I agree. You don't get rid of somebody unless you know for sure you can replace him with someone better.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Good move, JB just made some real questionable calls.
Buddies or not, you cant fuck around when it comes to a NFL team.

Although I dont like McDaniels play calling style, It think it work nicely with our offense, just don't let tebow man-crush, McDaniels be involved in personell.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Fenom;53994 said:
@AdamSchefter Another OC candidate the Seahawks are considering is Baltimore's Jim Zorn, a choice that would be popular in Seattle's locker room.

I agree. You don't get rid of somebody unless you know for sure you can replace him with someone better.

Unless your OC is so bad that anyone would be an upgrade.

Sorry, no love lost here.

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
Color me surprised! I thought McD and punchy-paunchy would be out of the league. PC must be pretty confident.

Since we're getting a new system AGAIN, does this affect resigning #8?

OP
Fenom
Reaction score
According to Michael Lombardi, the Rams just hired Josh McDaniels as offensive coordinator.

S

Seattlehawk94

Good, hire Zorn for OC...Matt is best is that offense anyways..

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
We were all talking about it the other day and I agree with the move. You don't keep someone around just for continuity. If he can't get the job done he can't get the job done. Bates was over his head and needed to go.

McDaniels going to the Rams worries me. I hope we land Zorn and that isn't even for "loyalty" reasons either. Him and Hasselbeck seemed to work really well together and with Zorn there Hasselbeck won't have to look over his shoulder all the time.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
DAMN! I guess "turnover tuesday" applies to the front office as well and even in the offseason. More moves then I can keep up with, I have my DVR set, I like the Cable move, and I think a small purge may have been needed...

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag;54014 said:
But Zorn has very little exp calling plays

Exept in the huddle, but yeah, not sure if Zorn is fully equipt for that job.

S

Seattlehawk94

He's been involved in play calls he was an HC for God's sake...He wasn't ready for that but he wouldn't be bad at running an.offense...He had a lot of input when Haskell was OC..

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
I like this move. I think Tom Cable will be a nice replacement. It seems to me that the best OC are former offensive line coaches or QB coaches. They both understand the importance of the line of scrimmage. I don't think Bates understood that as well as he should have.

Top Bottom