• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Lots of those close games we won coming back to haunt other teams

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Colts got their asses handed to them by the Rams, but what happened to that talk that the Rams sucked so bad and how we barely beat them?

Same thing goes for the Panthers. I heard how we “barely” beat them…now that lousy team has beat the 49ers at home? I thought home games gave the home team an advantage? Apparently not in SF.

Good luck beating the Saints Niners. Do us a favor and don’t lose any more players so that when we pound you at home you won’t try and use your injuries as the reason…because we haven’t.

Those close games were close for a reason and not just because we didn’t try hard enough.

Go Seahawks!

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
but what happened to that talk that the Rams sucked so bad and how we barely beat them?
If you're maybe referring to what I was saying about that, you're kinda missing the point I was making. The problem wasn't that we barely beat them, or that the Rams "suck" (which they obviously don't). The problem is how badly the Hawks got their ass kicked up and down the field by them. It doesn't matter who you're playing or where, you gotta try and keep that from happening if you're a championship caliber team. It wasn't even so much of that game by itself being a problem as a standalone deal. But there had been a bigger picture forming. When taking that Rams game with the bigger picture, (the Houston game and the Bucs game for example), then that Rams game becomes a far bigger concern. It's still almost surreal that we're even talking about Hawk wins here. They didn't play well in any of them.

No, the Rams aren't a bad team at all. I was telling homers at mynorthwest going into that game who were picking the usual Seahawk blowout that the Rams have some good components and they are capable of putting together a good scrap vs any team at any given time. They had already had that 37-6 blowout win on the road vs Houston behind them going into that game. But what I wasn't expecting was for them to so thoroughly outplay us like they did.

Last edited:

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
I was contemplating the possibility of the Rams backdooring their way into the playoffs after that win yesterday vs Indy. They are 4-6 now. 10-6 would most likely get them in so they would have to win out the remaining schedule. You can bet they believe they can do it. That rematch here later on will be interesting because if they are playing well enough to pull off a long winning streak like that, they would be the dangerous team nobody wants to play, kinda like how we were at the end of last season.
The difference with them right now that could potentially turn it around for them and really get them rolling is Zac Stacy, Tavon Austin and Kellen Clemens. Austin finally broke out yesterday and did some major damage and Stacy looks legit.
I did notice though that even though they blew out Indy, Indy outgained them in total yards and had them in total first downs too (21 to 12). The Rams feasted on turnovers, a good thing to have but not something you can rely on by itself week in and week out.
The Hawks could scuttle any hopes they have for the playoffs with that rematch at the CLink coming up.

OP
BleedsBlue12

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
But what I wasn't expecting was for them to so thoroughly outplay us like they did.

Wait, we won the game didn’t we? How did they outplay us if they had less points in the end? The Colts got outplayed, the ending score reflected that.

I hear what you’re saying, but all that matters is WHO won…not who looked good.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
I hear what you’re saying, but all that matters is WHO won…not who looked good.

Well, I guess we disagree on that. I tend to look past the wins and losses. How often do you hear people saying "Tampa is better than their 0-7 record indicates." Well on the flipside, the same thing can be said about a 7-1 team (their record after the Rams game).
It's not about "looking good". It's about shoddy pass protection, terrible run defense, Wilson developing a knack for misfiring and turning the ball over on fumbles, throwing more picks than last year, bad play calling, going away from the running game, all that stuff. If you think none of that mattered then I guess we have two different takes on the same game.
If you talked to Pete going into one of those games and asked him what the gameplan was, I doubt he would say, "well, we're gonna work on getting gashed against the run, but not too much. We don't want to give up too many yards over 200 to that rookie RB they have. If we can keep Russell from turning it over more than 3 times today, I think we'll be in good shape. If we can keep a handle on that, then we should be able to pull it out with an 80 yard TD play or two. I think a 60 yard pick six by the Shermanator is in the works as well."
Nope, the Hawks have been going through some issues and the wins don't automatically nullify them, not if you want to have a shot at winning a Super Bowl anyway. They were able to put those issues to rest against Atlanta. Now they have to keep it going and just keep getting better.

Top Bottom