• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Julius Jones & Co.

Reaction score
I keep reading all over the net, about how shitty our RB situation is and how that is the biggest glaring question with the hawks this year... and I think "what the fuck is everyone so worried about?"

Last year our 3 backs combined for 1444 yards on 252 carries for an average per carry of 5.7!!

They managed all of this even though the running game was all but abandoned. It is difficult for me to recall games when we weren't playing from behind and passing the ball 8 out of 10 times.

I think Julius Jones is a solid back. The only two games he had 20+ carries in he put up over a 100 yards and TDs. He is not Marshawn Lynch or Adrian Peterson and is not expected to break off a huge run every time he touches the ball, but he is a reliable back that can keep pounding the ball until he breaks one off for 20+ and maybe a TD.

Duckett was also a force to be reckoned with, he was about the only clutch thing on our team last year. I don't have the stat in front of me, but anytime he was called to get a short yardage conversion or goal line TD he showed up.

Forsett, being a little guy and all showed hell of a spark in preseason and good return skills as a punt returner. I a lot of people underestimate him due to his height, but he is got a nice short stocky built, and only an inch shorter than Frank Gore and same size as Westbrook and those guys have had no problem in the league. I think he brings an explosiveness our backfield lacks, he is shifty and accelerates pretty fast.

All in all I am excited. I think we have 3 talented guys and if properly utilized (with Knapp I think they will be) they will all be very productive.

Here are some highlights for Jones and Duckett from last year:

Jones:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN7hBSB0mV8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN7hBSB0mV8[/ame]

Duckett:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX10iJX2-5o&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX10iJX2 ... re=related[/ame]

Go Hawks!

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Westbrook is actually 5'10" my bad... I don't know why I thought he was only 5'8"..

Reaction score
I think Julius will do just fine. It seems that with the more confidence the coach has in him he will do better. Remember:

-1,000-yard season and then the 'Boys brought in Marion Barber. Didn't give him the confindence.
-Signs with Seattle- Mo Mo goes down and he is a top running back in yards... Holmgren takes him out cause of a promise to Mo Mo. I can see why he gets angry. He does a good job and they bench him cause of a promise?! This isn't Pop Warner the best should start and until they show they don't give you the best chance to win then a move should be made.

Mora appears to have confidence in him and he has no one threatening his job. I think he will do just fine with us this year and a healthy line should work in his favor. On top of a passing threat offense.

Reaction score
Sproles has done well too and he's only 5'6, I believe.

I think the Seahawks will do fine this year. They have an Offensive Line, they have the talent and threat at Wide Receiver and those combined should allow the running game to work like it should have all of last year. J.J. had some good games last year, but had to share a lot of time with Morris which really didn't allow J.J. to get into a rhythm. At the same time, Zone Blocking and the addition of Greg Knapp should dramatically improve the running game.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
The key to this season is the offense...

I agree, but our defense also needs to return to what it was in '07, if not better. I want to have the piece of mind that if Matt throws a pick or we turn the ball over on downs, that Kerney will sack the QB, Lofa will nail the RB and force a fumble and Trufant will pick the QB off...

Then I can sleep easy.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Oh and I think for the defense to work they need to bring the PRESSURE!

We saw it first hand last year, in games where we brought extra guys the QB had no time and would throw it away or get sacked.

When we dropped back and sat in zone and only brought 4 the opposing QB tore us apart.

It's simple. Use your D's biggest strength and that's their speed! Bring Curry and Hill from the outside, that'll fuck with a QB

Reaction score
#ONE said:
bobflipaburger said:

I agree, but our defense also needs to return to what it was in '07, if not better. I want to have the piece of mind that if Matt throws a pick or we turn the ball over on downs, that Kerney will sack the QB, Lofa will nail the RB and force a fumble and Trufant will pick the QB off...

Then I can sleep easy.

Yeah, I just think the defense's main issue last year (outside of injury) was being on the field too much and too often.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
#ONE said:
bobflipaburger said:

Then I can sleep easy.

Yeah, I just think the defense's main issue last year (outside of injury) was being on the field too much and too often.

Very true, but I still think they were not being properly utilized.

After Deon Grant called Marshall out after the Dallas game, our defensive approach changed in the sense that we brought the heat much more and it proved to be much more effective.

Remember the way they played against NE, Jets, Rams, Cards etc?

In that last stretch our defensive play was much better.

Reaction score
Jones was fine until MM came back from injury and the stupid RB shuffle started and the running game ended.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
Jones was fine until MM came back from injury and the stupid RB shuffle started and the running game ended.

It's not so much that the running game ended because of Mo, because he was still a productive back.

Holmgren just flat out abandoned it.

Top Bottom