• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

How will the SeaHawks run the ball?

Blue&Orange

Huddler
Reaction score
The one problem for the SeaHawks as a outsider is them running the ball. What do you guys say will they have a run gane honestly?

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Congradulation by the way on SCORING Harvey Unga.

If we would have picked him up I would say that our ground game outlook is great!

However, being as it is, out of the 9 position groups I have the backfield at 8 (being bad) DL is our worst position group IMO.

That said there is some hope...
Leon Washington is a very shifty high acceleration guy that if fully recovered, and indicators are that he is ahead of schdedule, will be very explosive and could get the lead roll.
Julius Jones, hasnt proven anything in the last few seasons, and has been injured. Right now he is our "bigger back". Though when he gets in the secondary hes got some wheels but has otherwise been ineffective.
Justin Forrset is our wild card, the little man has incredible speed, strength, and heart. He emerged as our most productive back last year not only carriing but catching the football.
That is our 1-2-3 back punch. Its not glamorous, but in the right scheme might work.

Speaking of that, with Alex Gibbs coming in and a major upgrade in our O-line, our scat back/cut backs with their shifty running style should work really well with the zone blocking scheme. Couple that with Pete Carrols preference for small backs with good hands (think Reggie Bush) It maybe the perfect match and maybe this coaching staff knows exactly what they have.

Also you have to throw in the FB Owen Schmidt who is a violent run blocker to open up gaps in defenses.
I think he broke like 9 facemasks in college.

Overall I give us an 8 at that position, but Im hoping to be suprised.:emoticon-0144-nod:

Theres your long answer from serious hawks fan.

Reaction score
As long as Julius Jones doesn't start they will have a decent run game. If he does, it will be pretty bad.

Reaction score
szat;48990 said:
Ironically this was posted just an hour ago by BR to give you more in depth, less biased review of our run game:

Seattle Seahawks 2010 Position Preview: Running Backs | Bleacher Report
Justin Forsett:
2010 Prediction: 1,050 Yards on 210 Carries, 10 TD. 40 Receptions, 400 Yards, TD

Leon Washington:
2010 Prediction: 660 Yards on 140 Carries, 5 TDs, 35 Receptions, 280 Yards, TD; 1,650 Kickoff Return Yards (Franchise record is 1,629, Charlie Rogers in 2000), TD

^ That would be awesome.

Top Bottom