• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Grades are being passed out. Who makes the cut?

Reaction score
What grades would you give Ruskell's picks over four years? Use the school grading system from A+ to an F.

(C-) 1 Lawrence Jackson USC
(A) 2 John Carlson Notre Dame
(C) 4 Red Bryant Texas A&M
(C+) 5 Owen Schmitt West Virginia
(INC) 6 Tyler Schmitt San Diego State
(C+) 7 Justin Forsett California
(INC) 7 Brandon Coutu Georgia

Carlson was a hit but the jury is still out on Jackson and Bryant. Forsett and Schmitt might turn into somthing and Coutu has the tools to be a solid NFL kicker. This could be a great draft if Schmitt, Forsett, Jackson, Bryant and Coutu become what we hope they can be.

(B) 2 Josh Wilson Maryland
(A) 3 Brandon Mebane California
(D+) 4 Baraka Atkins Miami (Fla.)
(C+) 4 Mansfield Wrotto Georgia Tech
(C+) 5 Will Herring Auburn
(D-) 6 Courtney Taylor Auburn
(D-) 6 Jordan Kent Oregon
(C+) 7 Steve Vallos Wake Forest

Mebane and Wilson are solid starters. The rest...meh at best.

(C) 1 Kelly Jennings Miami (FL)
(B+) 2 Darryl Tapp Virginia Tech
(C) 4 Rob Sims Ohio State
(D) 5 David Kirtman USC
(D) 7 Ryan Plackemeier Wake Forest
(C-) 7 Ben Obomanu Auburn

It's clear that Tapp is the only decent player outta this draft. Jennings has had only 1 INT in 3 season and that 1 pick was against Farve, nuff said.

(C+) 1 Chris Spencer Mississippi
(A+) 2 Lofa Tatupu USC
(F) 3 David Greene Tenn
(A) 3 Leroy Hill Clemson
(B-) 4 Ray Willis Florida State
(INC) 5 Jeb Huckeba Arkansas
(F) 6 Tony Jackson Iowa
(F) 7 Cornelius Wortham Alabama
(F) 7 Doug Nienhuis Oregon State

The 2005 draft has been the best out of the 4. Tatupu alone would make this a good draft but drafting Hill and Willis makes it great. Willis will break out this season.

After 4 seasons worth of drafts it's safe to say Tatupu, Hill, Carlson, Tapp, Mebane and Wilson have been hits. Some need more time to show what they can do but the rest can suck a dick. Lets hope Curry, Unger and Butler turn into something great.

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
05': A-
06': B-
07': B-
08': B+

Even though it's too early to tell I'll give 09' an A. Some of this can go up or down depending on how some of the prospects work out in the next couple of years though.

OP
S
Reaction score
yea, I have a good feeling about this years draft. I thought last years draft was pretty good and so far Carlson is more then what I thought he'd be. With no one else to catch the ball it's not really a shock that his numbers were higher then expected. To his credit, I'm sure most teams knew he was our only option and still he was able to beat defenders and make plays after plays. Forsett can turn into a good RB if he's giving a chance and I'm wanting to see what Schmitt, Jackson, Bryant and Coutu can do. If Jackson and Bryant pan out then 2008's draft could turn out to be the best of the 5 drafts Ruskell's had.

OP
S
Reaction score
manc seahawk said:
pretty much spot on, down to "the rest can suck dick" comment

:D :D
:D I was referring to players like Courtney Taylor, Jordan Kent, Baraka Atkins and Ryan "Can't seem do anything football related" Plackemeier(Yea I know we cut his ass, but he pissed me off some much I had to mention him). Other then those waste of roster spots the rest I'm cool with.

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
I agree with most of these ratings. However a single grade bugs me.

Kelly Jennings got a C?!

I would give him academic suspension and a boot to the ass. He is the master of overpursue and needs helps all day long. If anyone does any double moves he is on his face eating dirt or running the wrong direction. God I hate watching him play.

Kelly Jennings = F-

He will make an amazing 5th string corner though.

OP
S
Reaction score
Striker said:
I agree with most of these ratings. However a single grade bugs me.

Kelly Jennings got a C?!

I would give him academic suspension and a boot to the ass. He is the master of overpursue and needs helps all day long. If anyone does any double moves he is on his face eating dirt or running the wrong direction. God I hate watching him play.

Kelly Jennings = F-

He will make an amazing 5th string corner though.

lol, I know Jennings has been a bit of a bust, but everytime I'm ready to call for his head he has a pretty good game. He's not flashly with his number but he can shut down WR's at times. He's bad against the run and bites on PA somtimes but he's not the worst defender on the Hawks.

Top Bottom