• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Friday in Hawkville

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
20111020_seahawks_0402crop.jpg

A recap of the day’s activities at Virginia Mason Athletic Center for Oct. 21:
FOCUS ON
Doubtful starters. That’s the status of quarterback Tarvaris Jackson and center Max Unger for Sunday’s game against the Browns in Cleveland.
Coach Pete Carroll made the announcement after practice, but stopped short of ruling either player out for Sunday’s game. Charlie Whitehurst has prepared to start for Jackson, and Lemuel Jeanpierre has practice all week at center and will make his first NFL start of Unger can’t play.
“We prepared all week long to get Charlie ready to start and that’s what we’re thinking right now,” Carroll said. “But we’re still going to see what Tarvaris does in the next couple of days. … We’ll go all the way to game time to see where he is.”
Jackson strained the pectoral muscle in his right shoulder during the third quarter of the team’s pre-bye week win over the Giants.
“Max moved around pretty well yesterday,” Carroll said of Unger, who injured his right foot in the Giants game. “Again, we’re going to go right up to game time and see where he fits in. He’s got a sore foot, but he can move it.”
OH BROTHER
Jason Shirley didn’t just sign with the Seahawks this week, the defensive tackle who had been with the Cincinnati Bengals made his parents very happy.
That’s because Shirley’s brother, Josh, is a pass-rushing defensive lineman for the University of Washington.
“It’s very cool – very cool, very cool,” Jason said. “When I found out I was coming here I was really excited to be able to come out here and see him and see him play and he can come see me play also.”
It won’t happen this weekend, because Jason is off to Cleveland the Seahawks’ game against the Browns, while Josh is heading to Stanford for the Huskies’ game against the Cardinal. But next week, the Huskies host Arizona on Saturday night and the Seahawks play the Bengals at CenturyLink Field on Sunday.
“It’s really great for my parents,” Jason said. “It’s kind of like a two-for-one now. My dad is on his way out here for next weekend. It will be a good weekend.”
INJURY REPORT
The official end-of-the-week status report:
Out
TE Zach Miller (head/neck)
Doubtful
C Max Unger (foot)
QB Tarvaris Jackson (pectoral)
Probable
OG Robert Gallery (groin)
LB Malcolm Smith (hamstring)
RB Marshawn Lynch (ankle)
WR Mike Williams (concussion)
Gallery, Lynch and Williams will start against the Brown. It will be the first action for Gallery since Week 2, after having a surgical procedure on his groin.
With Miller out, Carroll said it is possible to team will make a move to elevate John Nalbone from the practice squad or activate Cameron Morrah off the PUP list.
For the Browns, linebacker Scott Fujita (head) is out and six players are questionable: CB Joe Haden (knee), OL Artis Hicks (back), RB Peyton Hillis (hamstring), DB Ray Ventrone (hamstring), DB Buster Skrine (hip) and OL Tony Pashos (ankle).
BRADFORD BACK
Allen Bradford has been signed to the practice squad and will work at running back and linebacker. To clear a spot, running back Vai Taua was released. Bradford was claimed off waivers last week, only to be released on Wednesday.
STAT DU JOUR
We touched on this yesterday, but it’s worth repeating because the Seahawks are holding opponents to a league-best 3.1 yards per rushing attempt. It’s especially significant this week because the Browns are averaging 3.3 yards per rushing attempt, which ties for the second-lowest in the league. Here’s a look at the Top 5 defenses in per-carry average, and the Bottom 5 offenses in per-carry average:
Defense: Top 5
Team Avg.
Seahawks 3.1
Cowboys 3.3
Ravens 3.3
Bills 3.3
Packers 3.5
Offense: Bottom 5
Team Avg.
Titans 3.0
Browns 3.3
Giants 3.3
Jets 3.3
Cowboys 3.4
UP NEXT
The team flew to Cleveland after this morning’s practice and will hold a walk-thru there on Saturday.
YOU DON’T SAY
“He did really well. He didn’t skip a beat. He looks good. He’s got his quickness. His flexibility was there. His stamina was there. He had a very solid week for coming off of five weeks of being out. I would not have thought he’s look that good.” – Carroll on Gallery

b.gif
jH3EGh7XPxU

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom