• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Football Gameplan's Week 8 Preview Video - Seahawks vs Raiders

EmDiggy

Huddler
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOpwSVj51eU"]Seahawks vs Raiders Video Preview[/ame]

Good Morning Seahawks Fans!! Good Luck this Week!

Em

Reaction score
Great Job, Emory.

If Okung can play on Sunday, he will help out Hasselbeck's blind side a lot, but if there is any question about his ankle they should keep him on the bench. I'd rather have him as close to 100% as possible against the Giants anyway.

OP
E

EmDiggy

Huddler
Reaction score
Fenom;51277 said:
Great Job, Emory.

If Okung can play on Sunday, he will help out Hasselbeck's blind side a lot, but if there is any question about his ankle they should keep him on the bench. I'd rather have him as close to 100% as possible against the Giants anyway.

Thanks Fenom! I agree...if he's not 100%, then just shelve him until the Giants game... more needed then as opposed to now

twisted

Huddler
Reaction score
appears Hunts was fairly accurate, his only fail was the score and Hasselbeck, he didn't flush the pocket, instead he took the sacs...

I agree, the Hawks QB has to start rolling out and finding targets or else, like to see Seattle run the ball a whole lot more until they can get some stability with the line, maybe its time for Forsett to fire up his blocking drills?

might even be prudent to find a way to draw the attention away from Williams in the future..

I sure hope Seattle can greet the Raiders in the playoffs and even the score...
thumbup.gif

Reaction score
Lol we tried that dude. They're just bringing constant pressure up the middle and the interior of the line just crumbles. Of course Polumbus was terrible last week and this week too. Hamilton sucks, the young players are making the kind of mistakes you might expect them to make ,especially Tate but with that he really knows how to elevate and gets the ball at its highest point. Hasselbeck actually looked really good today, he threw some really accurate deep balls but the receivers didn't help him out at all. The defense got worn down, it looked like last year out there again. The defense does its job until the offense goes three and out 45675457 times and the defense just can't keep up that level performance anymore.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger;51351 said:
Lol we tried that dude. They're just bringing constant pressure up the middle and the interior of the line just crumbles. Of course Polumbus was terrible last week and this week too. Hamilton sucks, the young players are making the kind of mistakes you might expect them to make ,especially Tate but with that he really knows how to elevate and gets the ball at its highest point. Hasselbeck actually looked really good today, he threw some really accurate deep balls but the receivers didn't help him out at all. The defense got worn down, it looked like last year out there again. The defense does its job until the offense goes three and out 45675457 times and the defense just can't keep up that level performance anymore.

Yep. We have a good defense... err had, before all of these injuries. But they play their best when we actually field an offense.

twisted

Huddler
Reaction score
bobflipaburger;51351 said:
. The defense does its job until the offense goes three and out 45675457 times and the defense just can't keep up that level performance anymore.

the pressure on Seattle's QB didn't just start with Oakland, its been there for a while, why do you think Oakland put so much blitz in their game plan? they saw the weakness, they did what they were supposed to do and exploited that weakness, I don't know who's decision it is to design and call plays for Seattle but isn't it that persons job to recognize Oakland's game plan and counter it?

why I mentioned running the ball every play or until you see a change in Oakland's plan, force you're opponent to play well every play, as it is all they had to do is pressure the QB and wait for the ball to get dropped by a receiver, intercepted or fumbled, if you keep running the ball at them you always have a chance of breaking a big one, as it was all they succeeded in doing was punishing the QB.. sometimes you need to focus on damage control...

Seattle's defense is playing exceptionally well, defenders do need to start letting receivers KNOW they are there with bigger hits and ball stripping and apparently that may be the only way Seattle is going to score? and why not, minimize your weaknesses and exploit your strengths! and for gods sake don't lose a QB because of a weakness..

you can work around your weaknesses by HONING your strengths, in any sport, or anything for that matter, even if its delivering the mail! I don't think theres a team on the schedule looking forward to meeting the Hawks defense, and I am sure that defense can be even more fearsome... :butcher:

Reaction score
twisted;51394 said:
the pressure on Seattle's QB didn't just start with Oakland, its been there for a while, why do you think Oakland put so much blitz in their game plan? they saw the weakness, they did what they were supposed to do and exploited that weakness, I don't know who's decision it is to design and call plays for Seattle but isn't it that persons job to recognize Oakland's game plan and counter it?

why I mentioned running the ball every play or until you see a change in Oakland's plan, force you're opponent to play well every play, as it is all they had to do is pressure the QB and wait for the ball to get dropped by a receiver, intercepted or fumbled, if you keep running the ball at them you always have a chance of breaking a big one, as it was all they succeeded in doing was punishing the QB.. sometimes you need to focus on damage control...

Seattle's defense is playing exceptionally well, defenders do need to start letting receivers KNOW they are there with bigger hits and ball stripping and apparently that may be the only way Seattle is going to score? and why not, minimize your weaknesses and exploit your strengths! and for gods sake don't lose a QB because of a weakness..

you can work around your weaknesses by HONING your strengths, in any sport, or anything for that matter, even if its delivering the mail! I don't think theres a team on the schedule looking forward to meeting the Hawks defense, and I am sure that defense can be even more fearsome... :butcher:
Oakland can blitz so much because they have a great secondary. Other teams blitz and get burned.

Top Bottom