• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Explaining Bruce Irvin the Beast!

Bear4Irvin

Huddler
Reaction score
Hi. I am a Bear fan who frantically supported your new guy. I am now a Bear fan who likes the Hawks second best.

Bruce Irvin is the best Pass rusher in the draft. This is how to explain him: He is as fast as Steven Hill and as Strong as most OTs with a full pass rush repertoire who produces.

Now, I have a concise thread with clips and all things Bruce Irvin.
Bruce Irvin in depth collection on my teams forum

----------------------

http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/thread/3117019.aspx

----------------------

In case were to lazy to check out the thread, here's a summary. He had a tuff childhood with bad crowds led to 11th grade dropout. Got straight. GED obtained. Juco domination at DE. WVA domination andconstantly doubled. I know the Bears were very interested and I wish he was a Bear, but at least he's on a team I can root for.

The recent arrest was for petty BS. His ghetto background showed bc they added DOC onto his DOP charge for messing up a cheap Jimmy Johns Sandwhich Shop sign.

Please accept me as a Bruuuce suporter and someone who will root for SEA as long as its not against CHI.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Bro thanks for come on to post, some of us (i think) were alittle suprised, but watching some video on BI, Im coming around. I was mostly conserned about his past, but sometimes you have to hit bottom to get to the top.

He's at the top now and will have the full force of the 12 man behind him to fire his ass up!

Thanks bear man, and hope to see ya in the playoffs!

Reaction score
Welcome to the board! Lots of high praise on this guy and he fits perfectly as far as a need for this team. Still question whether he could have been had later or not, but Carroll and Schnedier draft differently than most teams so I'm ok with it as long as be produces.

OP
Bear4Irvin

Bear4Irvin

Huddler
Reaction score
Thanks. I am sure he would have been picked the first. CHI was interested too.

Please see the link to my thread on him back when him being a 1st rounder was blaphemy let a lone the 1st DE. The cream always rises. But there's tons of info in that thread linked in the original post.

I cannot wait to see him wreck fools in the new Hawks Uni. Also, on youtube he has loads of interview vids. Once you listen to him, you will realize he is no Pacman Jones, Jamarcus Russell, or Jonny Jolly. He is self motivated now and all the bangin' was when he was an adolesant. He reminds me of me. He has worked way to hard ALONE to mess up and start over.

OP
Bear4Irvin

Bear4Irvin

Huddler
Reaction score
At 19
Bro thanks for come on to post, some of us (i think) were alittle suprised, but watching some video on BI, Im coming around. I was mostly conserned about his past, but sometimes you have to hit bottom to get to the top.

He's at the top now and will have the full force of the 12 man behind him to fire his ass up!

Thanks bear man, and hope to see ya in the playoffs!

I am happy that he landed here. Man, I would have been crushed if he was chosen later by the Packers, Giants, Lions, Steelers, Rams, or a plethora of other teams.

After news broke yesterday that a team had promised to choose him in 1, I figured with all the "experts" DE choices as top 15 DEs that it would be my Bears at 19overall since wLovie went to WV just for him and then he came to Hallas Hall. I cannot wait to watch him, Earl, and Clemons together.

Mychal Kendricks would be a nice addition to you LB corps tomorrow. Then, I would be confident in that D.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
At 19

Mychal Kendricks would be a nice addition to you LB corps tomorrow. Then, I would be confident in that D.

Great LB's in this draft, I like Kendricks, Upshaw, and Brown, all will be takin in 2nd.

OP
Bear4Irvin

Bear4Irvin

Huddler
Reaction score
While the following is in the linked thread in OP, I think I should add...

HW Pre Draft

Trent Cole 6'3 236 All Pro 5th round
Robert Mathis 6'3 245 Pro Bowls
Dwight Freeney 6'1 260 All Pro (Futer HOF)
Jack Trueblood 6'3 245 HOF
Jared Allen 6'6 240 All Pro (Futer HOF) 4th Round

The list goes on and on and on.
You calmost bet that every nearly team's best pass rusher came into the league on the lighter side.
In the words of the Bears Head Coach Lovie Smith, "People who think weight determines pass rush ability don't know much about football." [Parahrased] This came after criticism of pick Shea McClellin's 260 lb 6'3 size at LDE opposite Peppers. Can you imagine how stupid Bear fans had been if we selected Irvin?

OP
Bear4Irvin

Bear4Irvin

Huddler
Reaction score
Great LB's in this draft, I like Kendricks, Upshaw, and Brown, all will be takin in 2nd.
I kinda wished Seattle would have traded up in the 2rd for Kendricks partly bc I hate Philly. But I am at least intrigued by the Waggner pick. I don't know anything about him other than the following 3 things:.
1. He is a highly motivated competitor which bodes well.
2. He is only 6ft tall. (That's not really a problem if he produces).
3. Only criticism (waranted or not) that is extremely concerning is that he lacks instict, and is a see and react player. Not at MLB plz.

Reaction score
I don't get all the love for Kendricks. He is smallish (5'11"), and none of his numbers were overly impressive. He never stood out to me when we played Cal.

Top Bottom