• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks Cyber surfing: Wednesday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, Dec. 7:
Danny O’Neil at the Seattle Times looks at the latest changes on the offensive line after left tackle Russell was placed on injured reserve: “Paul McQuistan started at right guard the past three games. He’s now Seattle’s first-string left tackle. Lemuel Jeanpierre was Seattle’s backup center, and now he’ll be Seattle’s third starting right guard in five games. ‘Hopefully it’ll work out fine,’ coach Pete Carroll said. ‘Paul is not unfamiliar with playing tackle, so that helps, and Lem has played a little bit for us.’ “
John Boyle at the Everett Herald also looks at the topic du jour, the ever-changing line: “McQuistan, who was signed in the offseason, played in this system under Tom Cable in Oakland. Cable is now the Seahawks’ offensive line coach. Jeanpierre, meanwhile, is well versed in the Seahawks offense despite limited game experience. Last year he was on Seattle’s practice squad as an undrafted rookie, and he made the 53-man roster this year as a backup guard and center.”
Mike Sando at ESPN.com has his weekly NFC West “Stock Watch,” and one of the risers is Tarvaris Jackson: “Jackson appeared to be winding down for the season until he completed 13 of 16 passes for 190 yards and two touchdowns during a 31-14 victory over Philadelphia. Marshawn Lynch certainly could have represented Seattle in this spot as well. He was phenomenal against the Eagles. Lynch’s stock was already quite high, however. Jackson’s enjoyed a higher percentage gain, for sure. This was probably his best game of the season even though the team lost Rice to injured reserve a few days before the game.”
Sando also has some thoughts on Rams QB Sam Bradford, who might or might not play against the Seahawks on Monday Night: “Bradford’s second season has been a disaster, by all accounts. His team ranks last in points per game. Bradford has taken far more sacks per pass play. The Rams are 2-10. An ankle injury has sidelined Bradford for three games.”
Here at Seahawks.com, we’ve got a look back at Thursday night’s big win over the Eagles with Ben Malcolmson’s “From the Sidelines” and Rod Mar’s photo blog.
There’s also a look at wide receiver Golden Tate, and how the extra attention he gets from the coaches in practice is starting to translate into game-day production: “After one play, Pete Carroll confers with Golden Tate about the placement of his hands after the second-year receiver could not handle a low throw. After another, the Seahawks’ coach discusses with Tate the proper route adjustment on a hot read. After still another, Carroll approaches the receiver to give him a fist-bump because Tate had leaped over a cornerback to make a tough catch along the sideline. These practice-field exchanges between coach and player have been played out on a regular basis since the Seahawks selected Tate in the second round of the 2010 NFL Draft, as Carroll tries to squeeze out every ounce of Tate’s potent potential and also smooth the rough edges from his ample game. Preaching, practice, potential and production converged in the south end zone at CenturyLink Field on Thursday night when Tate made a reaching grab of a pass from Tarvaris Jackson and then got his feet down for an 11-yard touchdown in the Seahawks’ 31-14 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles. ‘I owe that to coach Carroll being on my butt, and Kip (receivers coach Kippy Brown) being on my butt,’ Tate said. ‘Even though in practice some people might think it doesn’t matter, but the small things like that create good habits. I remember one time in practice, I made the catch but I didn’t get my feet in. Kip and Pete were like, ‘Get your feet in. We know you can make this play.’ So just working hard all the time I think is going to help me succeed in this league.’ ”
We’re also got our look at the team’s newest new-look line in “Tuesday in Hawkville”; some third-quarter awards in “Monday in Hawkville”; and Tony Ventrella’s video review.
This celebrity photo gallery from FoxSports.com features Warren Moon and Bill Russell attending NFL games.

b.gif
feh4S2GpU_Q

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom