• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cyber surfing: Wednesday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, Aug, 24:
Eric Williams at the New Tribune examines the comfort and confidence Charlie Whitehurst is showing this summer. Rookie wide receiver Doug Baldwin on the team’s backup QB: ““Personally I feel like I have more chemistry with him just because I’ve had more reps with him. Charlie’s a great guy. He’s a great quarterback who does some tremendous things on the field.”
Danny O’Neil at the Seattle Times looks at two defensive backs who are playing themselves into spots on the 53-man roster – cornerback Brandon Browner and safety Josh Pinkard. Offers O’Neil: “They can no longer be considered longshots to make Seattle’s roster, though. And that is truly remarkable, considering how far these two have come. Browner spent the past four seasons in the Canadian Football League while Pinkard spent most of 2010 coming back from the third torn knee ligament he suffered while at USC.”
Also from O’Neil, a video of coach Pete Carroll talking about the play of the offensive line in the first two preseason games, when the No. 1 unit hasn’t been as good as it needs to be and the No. 2 unit has been much improved from a year ago.
John Boyle at the Everett Herald asked Carroll a couple of times to clarify the situation at quarterback, and the coach is unwavering in his commitment to Tarvaris Jackson as the starter. Says Boyle, and Carroll: “So if you’re looking for a quarterback controversy following Saturday’s preseason game in which Charlie Whitehurst turned in a strong performance with the Seahawks’ No. 2 offense, you’ll be sorry to hear that Carroll has not changed the stance he took at the beginning of training camp when he named the newly signed Jackson the starter. ‘It doesn’t change at this point,’ Carroll said. ‘But I’m really pleased with (Whitehurst’s) progress.’ “
Tim Booth of the Associated Press looks back at Saturday’s preseason game, which looked better to Carroll the second time around. Says wide receiver Mike Williams: “With this whole lockout and this drought from football and no one being able to watch the game I think now people can watch their teams and they’re a little more critical. Everyone has their right to an opinion and we have to go out and perform and we understand we didn’t really perform as a first unit.”
Mike Sando at ESPN.com has an updated free-agent scorecard for all the teams in the NFC West. On the Seahawks, he says: “Adding Jackson as the starting quarterback was the most significant move for the 2011 season. Mebane was the most important re-signing for the longer term. Hill was a bargain relative to how he’s playing right now. Miller and Rice were the types of young, talented players who rarely change teams in free agency. The Seahawks were outbid for Herring and Mare. Can street free agent David Vobora fill some of the void Herring left?
And speaking of Vobora, here at Seahawks.com, we check in with the newest Seahawk – the linebacker from Idaho and Eugene’s Churchill High School who was “Mr. Irrelevant” as the last pick in the 2008 NFL Draft. Says Vobora: “That’s always been something I’ve taken a lot of pride in. … It’s an incredible deal. You kind of feel like you’re the first pick.”
We’ve also got Tuesday’s practice covered in words and video. And there’s a look back at Saturday night’s game against the Vikings in Ben Malcolmson’s “From the Sidelines” report.

b.gif
Y4iMS8kdhlU

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom