• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cyber surfing: Wednesday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, June 22:
Danny O’Neil of the Seattle Times offers his Top 10 Seahawks games at Qwest Field, with the venue’s name being changes to CenturyLink. Says O’Neil: “It’s hard to feel wistful for what amounts to successful corporate marketing. It’s also hard to deny that it will feel a little bit odd that the Seahawks won’t be playing their home games at Qwest Field but rather CenturyLink Field.” No. 1 on his list might surprise you.
The Seahawks are scheduled to play the Steelers (remember them?) in Pittsburgh in Week 2 this season, and Sporting News Daily takes a look at the defending AFC Champions. Says long-time Steelers beat writer Gerry Dulac, who compiled the report: “The Steelers lost only four games in 2010, won their 20th division title since 1970 and made it to their third Super Bowl in six years. Now (coach Mike) Tomlin gets to see if he can do it again. The previous two times the Steelers made it to the Super Bowl – after the 2005 and 2008 seasons – they missed the playoffs the following year.”
Former Seahawks guard Steve Hutchinson, a member of the franchise’s 35th Anniversary team, tells 1500ESPN.com that “I feel as good as I have since I’ve been in the league.” Hutchinson signed with the Vikings in 2006 after playing his first five seasons in Seattle. Offered Hutchinson, when asked what he’s been doing during the lockout: “If you look at what we’d be doing this time, other than the fact we haven’t had OTAs and minicamps – I’m doing the same workouts I would have been doing if they would have been organized at Winter Park. So, from where we usually are at this point in the offseason, I’m in just as good of shape as I would have been, and that’s really all you can ask.”
As for the give-us-this-day-our-daily-labor-update item, Chris Mortensen of all things ESPN offers details of the CBA proposal commissioner Roger Goodell presented to the NFL owners at their meeting on Tuesday. Says Mortensen: “The negotiating teams for the owners and players, led by Goodell and (DeMaurice) Smith, are expected to return to the table most likely Wednesday and Thursday in Boston, hoping to build off the momentum of three strong weeks of talks under the supervision of a court-appointed mediator, U.S. Magistrate Judge Arthur Boylan.”
Len Pasquarelli of CBSSports.com says a deal could be reached within two or three weeks. Says Pasquarelli: “But it does not appear there is sufficient opposition to derail the process or to block approval of a CBA if current momentum leads to an agreement. New England’s Bob Kraft, certainly one of the most influential owners and noted as a man who has Goodell’s ear, allowed there is ‘still a lot of work ahead of us.’ Still, much of the heavy lifting, particularly in terms of revenue split, seems to be accomplished.”
Don Banks at SI.com says the situation is now all about nine – the number of dissenting votes it would take to block a deal. Offers Banks: “The tricky and somewhat nuanced truth to come out of Tuesday’s meeting, however, was this: According to league sources, there were very few specifics relayed to league owners about the framework of what a final deal might look like, and minus those details, there was no reason to either start counting votes in the room or engage in spirited debate about the pros and cons of such a proposal.”
Pat Kirwan at NFL.com continues his positional rakings with a look at the cornerbacks. Says Kirwan: “Some of the league’s top cornerbacks were thrown at less than 50 times last season, while others had more than 100 passes come their way. I found myself rearranging this list constantly while sorting through all of these factors.” No matter how many times he sorted his list, the Seahawks’ Marcus Trufant did not crack the Top 30.
This has nothing to do with the Seahawks, and not all that much to do with football. But it is about Clarence Clemons, the tower-of-saxophone-power in Bruce Springsteen’s E Street Band who died Saturday of complications after suffering a stroke on June 11. Rich Cimini of ESPNNewYork.com checks in with former Jets running back Emerson Boozer. Why? Clemons, as it turns out, blocked for Boozer in college. Boozer recalled a conversation he had with Clemons in the mid-70s: “I’ll never forget what he told me. He said, ‘I found me a soul brother that’s going to make me a lot of money. Write this name down – Bruce Springsteen.’ ”
Here at Seahawks.com, we continue our series of articles on the franchise’s first 35 seasons with a look at 1993, when the team won three times as many games in Tom Flores’ second season as coach as it did in his first.

b.gif
7Rel8XUbbDo

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom