• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cyber surfing: Tuesday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, Aug. 9:
Danny O’Neil of the Seattle Times profiles new left guard Robert Gallery, the ex-Raider who isn’t at all the way he looks – at least off the field. Says O’Neil: “Gallery is 6 feet 7 and 325 pounds, and he will be the 11th different player Seattle has started at left guard since that guy left for Minnesota. The Seahawks used four players at the spot last year. His job is to provide more than stability, though.”
Also from the Times, Joshua Mayers talks with players about the very-short prep time for Thursday night’s preseason opener against the Chargers in San Diego. Says just-signed defensive tackle Alan Branch: “It’s going to be hard, but it’s not like we’re the only team that’s doing it. Everybody’s going through the same situation as us. We’re not a step behind anybody.”
Eric Williams of the News Tribune examines how Golden Tate’s niche might be in the slot, working with starters Mike Williams and Sidney Rice. Says Tate, last year’s second-round draft choice: “I understand what’s going on. I understand we’ve got two big, big targets with great hands on the outside. But I don’t think you have too many 6-4 slots, so I’m trying to make that my spot. Whenever you’ve got third-and-short or third-and-long, you can put Golden in the slot and let him do something and make a play. So, hopefully, I’m trying to get that trust with the organization and see how it goes.”
Speaking of Thursday night’s preseason opener, CBSSports.com has this preview on the Chargers.
At SI.com, Jim Trotter visited the 49ers’ training camp and posted this report. The Seahawks open the regular season by playing their NFC West rivals in San Francisco on Sept. 11.
Here at Seahawks.com, we check in with just-signed tight end Zach Miller to see how the transition from Raider to Seahawk is going. There’s also a recap of the Monday practice in words, pictures and video.

b.gif
72iP82WqgH4

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom