• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cyber surfing: Tuesday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, June 28:
Eric Williams at the News Tribune begins a series on the Seahawks draft choices with a look at Malcolm Smith, the linebacker from USC and last of the team’s picks in April’s draft. Says Williams: “Smith, who turns 22 on July 5, is a ridiculous athlete. He ran a 4.46 40-yard dash at USC’s pro day, posted a vertical jump of 39 inches, leaped 10.5 feet in the broad jump and bench pressed 225 pounds 28 times. And oh, by the way – he can play, too.”
Sammy Batten of the American Chronicle (via Mike Sando’s blog at ESPN.com) checks in with Sean Locklear, the soon-to-be unrestricted free agent who has started at tackle for the Seahawks since the 2005 season. Locklear on his uncertain future: “Anywhere I go, whether that’s Seattle or somewhere else, I hope to go to a team that wants to win. I love Seattle. I’ve been there my whole career. It’s the only team I know. I want to be there. But that decision is not up to me now. It’s up to the guys in the front office, or another team. Where ever I go, I’m hoping to help them win.”
Pete Prisco at CBSSports.com provides his Top 50 unrestricted free agents – once free agency finally begins. Only one Seahawk makes the list: defensive tackle Brandon Mebane, at No. 8. Says Prisco: “At 26, he has been a good starter for the Seahawks the past four seasons. He is a perfect 4-3 defensive tackle. Seattle would love to have him back.”
For the give-us-this-day-our-daily-labor-update item, we offer an ESPN.com chat with the National Football Post’s Andrew Brandt, ESPN’s business analyst who has worked both sides of the fence – in management and as a player representative. The most-obvious Q: When will the lockout end? Brandt’s A: “In terms of an agreed upon CBA, I’ve tried to not speculate on a date. In terms of how quickly things can move after that, my sense is that there would be a term sheet that would define the deal points. There would not be a full blown CBA drafted for months. However, assuming that the lawsuit Brady v. NFL is dismissed or settled and Judge Nelson signs off on that settlement and allows any discontented players to voice their concern, things could move expediently after that.”
Also, NFL.com’s Albert Breer looks at where the negotiations are after last week’s talks and those scheduled for this week, with an eye on the Rams and Bears scheduled to open training camps three weeks from Friday to prepare for the Hall of Fame game that is the preseason opener. Says Breer: “Some internal deadlines have July 15 as the date a deal needs to be done to save the preseason in its natural form. At any rate, the sides are working against time now.”
NFL.com also debates which receiver is the best of Y2K era. They offer Randy Moss and Andre Johnson. But for a Seahawks fan, it’s hard to not throw in the Cardinals’ Larry Fitzgerald into the discussion. Maybe because the Seahawks face him twice each season, but more so because the big receiver often comes up huge against the Seahawks.
Here at Seahawks.com, we continue our series of articles recapping the first 35 seasons in franchise history with a look at 1995. It was Dennis Erickson’s first as coach of his hometown NFL team, not to mention the first in a Seahawks uniform for rookie wide receiver/punt returner Joey Galloway.

b.gif
5CcliuFOnUA

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom