• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cyber surfing: Tuesday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning, on the first day of summer. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, June 21:
Vic Carucci of NFL.com has this report on Leon Washington, and why the kick returner/running back decided to sign a new deal with the Seahawks in March rather than wait to test free agency. It had a lot to do with the Seahawks trading for him last year, even though Washington was coming off a severe leg injury. Says Washington: “I’m really thankful for that, and that was one of the big (reasons) why I decided to stay out in Seattle because I really feel like we’re headed on the right path. If we can own the NFC West and get a home game every year in the playoffs, it’s to our advantage. The 12th Man (in Seattle) is unbelievable.”
Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times has the word on the new name for Qwest Field, which has been in the works since CenturyLink bought Qwest in April. In a statement, club president Peter McLoughlin says: “Although the name of this facility will change, the history, tradition and spirit of the 12th Man and the Sounders FC supporters will never change. We are excited about our partnership with CenturyLink and our ongoing commitment to positively impact the fans of the Pacific Northwest.”
For the give-us-this-day-our-daily-labor-update item, sources tell ESPN.com’s Sal Paolantonio that the owners will not vote on a new CBA agreement at their meeting in Chicago today. Commissioner Roger Goodell will update the owners on parameters for a new deal, but the source said: “This is strictly informational. There is nothing to vote on.”
Don Banks at SI.com says the meeting still is vital in gauging when a new deal might be reached. Offers Banks: “This isn’t the week a long-awaited deal gets done between the league and its players, but it is the week a potential agreement could be undone if enough owners don’t like the details that come forth in what is expected to be a full-throated hearing on where the labor negotiations stand and where they’re headed.”
Mike Freeman at CBSSports.com, meanwhile, predicts how each team will vote – or would vote. He has the Seahawks saying “yea.” Admits Freeman: “Yes, I have too much time on my hands, but this is actually instructive. After speaking with people around the league this is how some in football think the ownership vote would go for a new collective bargaining agreement as its being currently constructed.”
Here at Seahawks.com, we take a longer look at Pete Carroll’s Win Forever Workshop last Friday, as well as the team’s 2-14 season in 1992 that was really only half bad.

b.gif
fJBF_DBr45k

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom