• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cyber Surfing: Thursday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, Oct. 13:
Mike Sando at ESPN.com has five observations from the Seahawks’ upset victory over the Giants. There was an obvious one: “Chris Clemons was a big problem for the Giants. Seattle’s best pass-rusher gave Giants linemen Will Beatty and David Diehl problems, and not just when he was sacking Eli Manning and forcing a fumble. One highlight: Diehl tackled Clemons on one play, drawing a penalty for holding. Clemons got up, realized Manning still had the ball and hit the quarterback from behind just after the throw. It’s pretty clear Clemons has put behind him the ankle troubles that have bothered him at times. The bye week should only help him along those lines.” But there also was a not-so-obvious: “Steve Hauschka played an important role. The kicker? Really? Yes. Hauschka had only one touchback on his nine kickoffs through the first three weeks of the season. He has eight touchbacks in 12 kickoffs over the past two weeks. Those touchbacks have helped Seattle ease lingering concerns over a kickoff coverage unit that had struggled amid injuries for a stretch. The Giants returned three kickoffs in this game, all from inside the end zone. Two of those produced drive starts inside the 20. Hauschka also made a 51-yard field goal in the fourth quarter.”
At PI.com, they have the story – or tweets – on Pete Carroll calling LeBron James’ bluff about wanting to play in the NFL, complete with a James Seahawks jersey. Including this exchange: Carroll: “Hey @KingJames are you aware of what the League’s rookie minimum is?” James: “Yeah, more than what I’m making now Coach.”
Here at Seahawks.com, we take a look at Josh Portis, the rookie free agent who has Carroll’s support if it comes down to needing the No. 3 QB because of Tarvaris Jackson’s strained pectoral. Says Carroll: “Josh is a very talented kid and if he’s in the No. 2 spot, I’m going to get him ready to play. I’m not going to have any hesitation putting him in the game. I’ve seen enough of him. I know what he can do.”
We’ve also got Wednesday’s practice, the final of the team’s bye week, covered in words and video. The Hawkville report includes Brandon Browners’s surprise at breaking a 32-year-old club record: “The team’s extra-large cornerback wasn’t aware his 94-yard interception return for a touchdown to ice Sunday’s upset of the Giants had broken the franchise record until someone told him on Tuesday morning. That was good enough, but discovering when that record had been set left Browner shaking his head. It was 1979, when linebacker Sammy Green returned an interception 91 yards for a score in an Oct. 7 game against the 49ers. ‘I wasn’t even born then,’ Browner finally said with a smile. “That’s great. That’s big.’ Browner, in fact, wasn’t born until 1984.”

b.gif
aFUYWOiYEOU

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom