• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cyber surfing: Thursday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, Oct. 6:
Doug Baldwin, the rookie free agent from Stanford would leads the Seahawks in receptions and receiving yards, is a popular subject.
Danny O’Neil at the Seattle Times delves into Baldwin’s background in Pensacola, Fla. Offers O’Neil: “Pensacola is a fertile ground for football talent. There are 11 players in the NFL now who come from one of the area’s high schools, but Baldwin wasn’t highly sought after by colleges. If the Cardinal hadn’t come calling, the next most likely landing spot was Louisiana-Lafayette.”
John Boyle at the Everett Herald has coach Pete Carroll explaining that GM John Schneider was instrumental in bringing Baldwin to the Seahawks. Says Carroll: “John felt really strongly about him, and then I had background with him too. So, we kind of got psyched up about him and made it a priority in free agency to go get him. There were a lot of teams that wanted Doug. He had as many as any (undrafted player) that we went after, so he was a hot item there, for good reason. … He’s been a great addition for us.”
Here at Seahawks.com, we’ve got Baldwin revealing the secret to his success. Says Baldwin: “You have to have a bit of an anger management issue, to be honest with you.” We’ve also got Wednesday’s practice covered in words, pictures and video.
Christian Caple of PI.com makes it a foursome on the Baldwin front. Says Baldwin: “Usually, slot guys are a lot smaller and quicker. But at the same time, they have to go in there and block linebackers and safeties, so you have to be aggressive and have the mentality that I’m about to go in here against a guy that’s bigger than me, but I don’t care and I’m going to do whatever it takes to get the job done.”
Eric Williams at the New Tribune looks at the running game through the eyes of Marshawn Lynch. Says Lynch: “It all plays together. You get down in a game like that, the fastest way to the end zone – a lot of people would think – is a pass. And I mean, that’s the type of games we’ve been playing. We’ve been having to play a lot of catch-up in the second half. So I don’t think it’s a problem with our run game. I think we just don’t get to run it enough in order for it to be as effective as we’d like.”
Also at the News Tribune, Dave Boling checks in with rookie guard John Moffitt. Says Boling: “If you watch closely, you can see young players grow from game to game, and you can learn more about them in weekly increments. Against the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday, rookie Seahawks guard John Moffitt had one particularly illustrative play in the third quarter. The Seattle offense had been struggling and the game looked out of reach. When a screen pass was called to running back Marshawn Lynch, Moffitt pulled to the right to clear the way. That he was agile enough to get out in front of Lynch and get a body on a safety in the open field was impressive. That he absolutely clobbered the Falcons’ William Moore was another point to note. After the hit, though, Moffitt slumped, and his dangling right arm was the earmark sign of a “stinger” neck injury. He returned to the line of scrimmage and dropped to his knees for a moment. He was helped off the field, examined, and almost immediately was back at his position, which was the most significant development of Moffitt’s day.”
Mike Sando at ESPN.com has the Seahawks and their NFC West rivals covered as he takes a look at revenge weekend, with three of the teams playing opponents who beat them last season; as well as injury situations that matter for each team.
Mike Freeman of CBSSports.com checks in with Warren Moon, the Hall of Fame QB who handles analyst chores for radio broadcasts of the Seahawks games. Moon was high on Cam Newton long before the Panthers’ rookie QB started shredding the league. Says Moon: “You would think that with all the yards he’s thrown for and all the accolades he’s getting, he’d be ecstatic with things now, but as soon as we get on the phone all he could talk about was trying to get wins. Regardless of all the numbers that’s his only goal.”

b.gif
i5PK5H2h5r8

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom