• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cyber surfing: Thursday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, Aug. 18:
Joshua Mayers of the Seattle Times checks in with Leon Washington to get his thoughts about the new rule change that has teams kicking off from the 35-yard line, rather than the 30. Says Washington: “Honestly, not to be bragging, but we work hard at it, so we feel like if we bring it out 5 or 6 yards deep (in the end zone), we’re going to at least get by the 20-yard line. … We’re not worried about that. We’re going to do our thing.” Washington certainly did that in his first season with the Seahawks, returning three kickoffs for touchdowns.
Eric Williams of the New Tribune has the word from coach Pete Carroll that Tarvaris Jackson will play the first half in Saturday night’s preseason home opener against his old team – the Vikings – after getting only two series in the opener at San Diego last week. And also Jackson’s reaction: “It’s going to be just like practice,” Jackson joked about facing the Vikings. “I saw them a lot. I practiced against them for five years straight, and that was always fun because the guys always competed. I’m pretty sure guys are going to try and get a hit on me – especially guys on defense because I always had that red jersey on in practice. I’m going to be in a different color jersey, so I’m pretty sure they’ll try and get a couple licks on me.”
Christian Caple of PI.com looks at Atari Bigby’s first day as a Seahawk. The former Packers safety was signed on Tuesday. And he already knows his role: “From what I get from it, is special teams,” Bigby said. “Come in a little bit on defense, but they told me that they have their starters.”
John Boyle of the Everett Herald has a recap of the day’s activities, including an update on tight end John Carlson: “Pete Carroll said Carlson has ‘a shoulder that’s bothering him. He’s got a labrum issue that we’re working through.’ What exactly a ‘Labrum issue’ is remains to be seen, but it will certainly be something to monitor as training camp progresses.”
Here at Seahawks.com, we talk with linebacker Leroy Hill about his return – and almost rebirth – as the team’s weakside linebacker. Says Hill: “It’s definitely sweeter to be back after what I’ve been through. There was so much uncertainty. But when the uncertainty clears up, now I can just get back to focusing on what I love to do.”
We’ve also got a look at Wednesday’s practice in words, pictures and video. There’s also video of Jackson’s post-practice interview session.

b.gif
0priwgg0sa0

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom