• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cyber surfing: Thursday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, June 30:
Mike Sando at ESPN.com continues his best-of look at the NFC West with some coaching honors. He tabs the Seahawks’ Pete Carroll as “Best Ambassador,” because of the coaching-philosophy clinics he held recently. Says Sando: “The Seahawks’ second-year head coach has led five coaching philosophy clinics over the past three months, meeting with coaches from various levels in Los Angeles, Seattle and at two universities, TCU and Stanford. ‘If we don’t change you one bit, that’s OK,’ Carroll told attendees in the first of two sessions in Los Angeles, ‘but if we make you think, if we challenge you to look at what you are doing and what your world is all about in your coaching, and if you decide to accept what we’re all about, that’s cool, too.’ Carroll speaks from experience, having questioned and ultimately reinvented his approach after the New England Patriots fired him in 2000. Carroll doesn’t need whatever benefits flow his way from these clinics. His passion and eagerness to share is admirable.”
Also from Sando, a look at what he expected to be a competitive division race in the NFC West. Says Sando: “I’m looking forward to a division race that should remain competitive deep into the season. Only the AFC North plays as many division games as the NFC West after Week 8. The AFC West features only three division matchups after Week 12, half as many as in the NFC West, AFC North and NFC South.”
Free-agent-to-be safety Lawyer Milloy returned to his Tacoma roots to host a football clinic for kids, and Eric Williams of the New Tribune was there to file this report. Also on hand were running back Marshawn Lynch and wide receiver Deon Butler. Milloy on his hands-on approach to the clinic: “I don’t want to be a guy that sits on the sidelines. That’s not what I’m about. These parents want their kids to get something, and they want them to get it from me. That’s why my name’s on it. And so I think it’s important for me to get out there and have fun with the kids. And it comes natural when you’re having fun.”
For the give-us-this-day-our-daily-labor-update item, the Associated Press is reporting that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and NFLPA head DeMaurice Smith are back in Minnesota to continue their talks aimed at reaching a new CBA after spending Wednesday morning in Florida to address the incoming rookie class. According to the report: “This week, the two sides are working on some tedious components of a possible deal, including a rookie wage system.”
At NFL.com, Albert Breer says Goodell and Smith will be rejoined by representatives from the owners and players on Thursday. Offers Breer: “Legal teams for the NFL and players have met for three days at a Minneapolis-area law firm under the auspices of U.S. Magistrate Judge Arthur Boylan, marking the first time that owners and players haven’t been involved in the clandestine talks that started May 31.But owners and players will return to the proceedings Thursday.”
Here at Seahawks.com, we continue our series of articles on the franchise’s first 35 seasons with a look at 1991 – the last of Chuck Knox’s nine seasons as coach.

b.gif
WsSqqnscOQ8

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom