• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cyber surfing: Sunday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning from Cleveland. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, Oct. 23:
Danny O’Neil of the Seattle Times looks at today’s game between the Seahawks and Browns as two teams trying to find their quarterbacks. Offers O’Neil: “The question in Seattle is a little bit more muddled. (Charlie) Whitehurst is in the second season of a two-year contract, and for now, remains a backup. Some fans are convinced he’s better than (Tarvaris) Jackson. Others think the two starts last season for a player in his fifth year was enough to know exactly what the ceiling is. The reality is that the gap between Whitehurst and Jackson might not be as great as anyone thinks.”
Also at the Times, Steve Kelley visits with Mike Holmgren, the former Seahawks coach who is now president of the Browns. Say Kelley: “But he still watches the game like a coach, still grades the game tapes and reviews his notes with Shurmur every Tuesday. ‘The same coaching frustrations crop up,’ Holmgren said. ‘I’ve had to learn to deal with it. I have to. It’s one of my jobs now to be supportive of Pat (Shurmur, the Browns coach) and help him be the best coach he can be. And that does not include banging on the table in frustration.’ ”
Eric Williams at the News Tribune also examines the Seahawks’ QB situation, with Whitehurst expected to get the start today. Says leading receiver Doug Baldwin: “You just go out there and play. We can’t control who’s at quarterback at the time. Obviously, you get reps with them in practice. But since you can’t control things that are out of your control, all you can do is make sure you’re running the route the way you’ve been taught, and making sure you’re there at the proper time, and it’s the quarterback’s job to do the rest.”
John Boyle at the Everett Herald looks at the oddity that is having the past three coaches for the Seahawks all in the same stadium at the same time – Pete Carroll on the Seahawks’ sideline; Jim Mora in the TV booth as a Fox analyst; and Holmgren in his box as the Browns’ president. Says Boyle: “Besides, as Mora points out, this game doesn’t have much to do with him. Sure, he happened to have coached the Seahawks after Holmgren and before Carroll, but whatever feelings he has towards the Seahawks won’t change the way the game goes down. ‘Pete has something to do with the game. Mike has something to do with the game because he’s the president. I have nothing to do with the game,’ Mora said. ‘I just comment on the game. I’m the one guy that doesn’t matter.’ “
Boyle also has his “Game Day” look at the matchups on the field, including the one between former Texas teammates Earl Thomas and Colt McCoy.
Christian Caple at PI.com has “Five Things to Watch” in today’s game. Checking in at No. 5 is “stuff the run,” which could lead to: “If the Seahawks can do the same thing Cleveland’s last two opponents have – jump them early, snuff out the running game and force Colt McCoy to throw the Browns back into it – they should have a decent shot at winning two consecutive East Coast road games.”
Here at Seahawks.com, we take a look at the success the Seahawks have had running their no-huddle offense in recent games. As Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora put it after the Seahawks’ upset victory two weeks ago: “We knew it was coming, we prepared for it but we just didn’t have an answer for them. We practiced for that all week. We knew it was coming. We just weren’t able to stop them.”
We’ve also a matchup box with keys to the game, as well as Tony Ventrella’s video preview that includes stops at not just one (Pro Football) but two (Rock and Roll) Hall of Fames.
For a look at the rest of the league, Albert Breer at NFL.com has his picks for Week 7, including a certain team from you-know-where losing a close game at you-know-where; and John Czarnecki at FoxSports.com looks at the games on Fox, including the Seahawks vs. the Browns: “The Seahawks have gone 26 games without a 100-yard rusher, but they will need Marshawn Lynch to give them a big day, considering Charlie Whitehurst is making only his third start at quarterback. Lynch has touchdowns in his last two games.”

b.gif
D4niXc2kCS0

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom