• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks Cyber surfing: Saturday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, Dec. 10:
Danny O’Neil at the Seattle Times looks at the Seahawks’ young secondary and how it’s starting to match the efforts of the run defense: “The biggest change in the Seahawks’ defense has come in the secondary, which speaks to not just the height of the 6-foot-4 (Brandon) Browner and 6-3 (Richard) Sherman, but the impact of Kam Chancellor, a cleanup hitter of a strong safety; and Earl Thomas, the free safety with a center fielder’s range. They compose one of the youngest units of one of the youngest teams in the league. None of Seattle’s starting defensive backs has more than two years of NFL experience. All are under contract through at least next season, and there is no reason to think that the group will do anything but get better. ‘Everybody is developing that swag, that confidence,’ Chancellor said. ‘Just feeding off one another.’ “
Eric Williams at the News Tribune stays in the secondary, checking in with backup safety Chris Maragos: “At 5-foot-10, 200 pounds, Maragos might not look like an NFL player, but he has played a role in Seattle’s success this season. Maragos said his first year in the league at San Francisco he was mistaken for kicker David Akers. ‘That’s probably the best part,’ he said. ‘When I tell people I work for the Seahawks they’re like, ‘Oh, are you in the accounting department?’ Or, ‘What are you, the ball boy?’ There’s not a whole lot to me, but I really feel that what’s on the inside is what counts – and that’s having that desire and passion. I really feel like God has blessed me with a lot of ability, and every day I want to go out and maximize that.’ ”
Here at Seahawks.com, we stay with secondary matters with a look at Brandon Browner, the extra-large cornerback who has three interceptions in the past two games and considers the first game against the Rams as a breakthrough performance because they targeted him so often: “The game slowed down for me a little bit in that game. Things just seemed to be happening slower than it was earlier in the season,’ Browner said. ‘And it allows me to play faster. I feel like I’m where I’m supposed to me. Early on, it was hectic a little bit. So I was battling the excitement and my nerves and the crowd and all that. Now, I’m just playing football again.’ ”
We’re also got a look at Tarvaris Jackson’s impressive comeback from his shoulder injury in “Friday in Hawkville,” as well as in Tony Ventrella’s video recap.
Mike Sando at ESPN.com has his “Final Word” on the NFC West, on a weekend when the four division teams are matched up: “Yes, the Seahawks and Rams play, too. The Monday night matchup between the teams marks the third week in a row with a prime-time game featuring at least one NFC West team. We’ll preview that game in greater detail Monday. For now, though, consider this: The 137.0 NFL passer rating Seattle’s Tarvaris Jackson posted against Philadelphia last week was higher than any single-game rating by a Rams or Seahawks starter since Matt Hasselbeck’s 147.7 against Tennessee in 2005. No Rams starter has posted a single-game rating above 137.0 since Kurt Warner’s 145.6 against New Orleans in 2001. Marc Bulger never had one that high as a starter. Hasselbeck had just that one.”
John Boyle at the Everett Herald looks at the Rams, who are limping into this nationally televised game: “Who knew the Seahawks were lucky to have a quarterback with ‘only’ an injured pectoral muscle? Of course both teams’ injury issues go well beyond quarterback. Like Seattle, St. Louis has both its starting tackles (Jason Smith and Rodger Saffold) and one of its top receivers (Danny Amendola) on injured reserve along with a handful of other key players. The Rams also have put nine cornerbacks on injured reserve over the course of this season. Unlike Seattle, however, the Rams have not been able to withstand the injuries. While Seattle has gone 3-1 in its past four games even as injuries piled up, the Rams, most people’s preseason NFC West favorites, have lost three straight and are 2-10.”
For a look at the rest of the league in Week 14, there’s Clark Judge’s “Peek at the Week” at CBSSportrs.com; Peter King’s “Game Plan” at SI.com; and Albert Breer’s “Game Picks” at NFL.com, with this comment about the Monday nighter: “Gotta love how Pete Carroll has his team playing, and the direction Seattle is going. And it’s hard not to like the Seahawks’ draw this week, with Tom Brandstater piloting the Rams.”

b.gif
Is8E_rI1vaY

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom