• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cyber surfing: Saturday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, Oct. 29:
The story of the day, of course, is Tarvaris Jackson’s sudden emergence at practice on Friday after doing so little in Thursday’s practice. Charlie Whitehurst continued to get the starter reps as the Seahawks prepared for Sunday’s game against the Cincinnati Bengals at CenturyLink Field, but Jackson took snaps in every phase of the workout – with the players practicing without pads or helmets. Jackson is listed as questionable and coach Pete Carroll said the decision on who starts will be made after seeing Jackson in pregame warm-ups.
Danny O’Neil at the Seattle Times: “No one made any definitive statements about whether Jackson would start or if Whitehurst subs for Jackson for the second week in a row, but Jackson is certainly going to be a consideration.”
Eric Williams at the News Tribune: “Jackson said it will be important to see how his body recovers from the throwing session, but that he feels good about his chances of playing Sunday. ‘It will be interesting to see just exactly how I feel after doing that. But I don’t think it will have any affect, or I’ll have a setback after throwing. I think it will be fine, but I guess we’ll see, because it’s kind of a thing where it feels good one day, and the next day it won’t.’ ”
John Boyle at the Everett Herald: “This week’s official NFL injury report indicates Tarvaris Jackson has a 50-50 chance of playing Sunday. His words – as well as his actions – on Friday suggested the Seahawks’ starting quarterback has much better odds of playing against Cincinnati.”
Christian Caple at PI.com: “Pete Carroll remains non-committal as to who the Seahawks’ starting quarterback will be against the Bengals on Sunday. Tarvaris Jackson is, after all, still listed as questionable on the official injury report. But listening to both Carroll and Jackson speak about the way Jackson threw the ball during Friday’s practice, it appears as if Jackson has a better chance to start this week than originally thought.”
Here at Seahawks.com: “Said coach Pete Carroll, ‘It’s encouraging. I think he has a chance to play if he can get through these two days.’ So the big question now: How will the shoulder on his throwing arm feel on Saturday morning after Jackson’s extended stint on Friday afternoon? ‘Tarvaris had his best day in the last couple weeks,’ Carroll said. ‘He’s just started to come out of it and threw the ball well. He’s still questionable, but we’ll take it to the next couple days here and see where we are. But it’s is a very good sign. He felt the best, he had the most work. So we’ll see what happens with that.’ ”
We’ve also got the word on the returns of Marshawn Lynch, Zach Miller, Max Unger and Roy Lewis in “Friday in Hawkville,” as well as Tony Ventrella’s daily video report.
Mike Sando at ESPN.com has his “final word” on the NFC West entering Week 8, including this item on the Seahawks and Bengals: “Something has to give Sunday when the Seahawks flood the field with wide receivers against a Bengals defense that hasn’t had its cornerback depth tested much. Seattle ranks 12th in pass plays featuring three or more wide receivers. The Bengals’ defense leads the league in fewest yards per pass and carry when opponents use these personnel groupings. However, only four teams have faced fewer dropbacks than the Bengals against three-plus wideouts. That helps explain why Morgan Trent (15.5 percent of defensive snaps) and ex-Seahawk Kelly Jennings (7.5) are the Bengals’ only backup corners to play this season. The Bengals have used three safeties, including backup Gibril Wilson, roughly a quarter of the time. Pacman Jones’ expected activation as the Bengals’ third corner adds another dynamic. The Seahawks need to win their matchups when Sidney Rice, Mike Williams, Doug Baldwin, Ben Obomanu and/or Golden Tate are on the field together. They also need better quarterback play, but that’s another conversation.”
Sando also offers his thoughts on what to do with Whitehurst and Jackson. Says Sando: “If Jackson gives the Seahawks their best chance at winning and he’s healthy enough to practice, the team needs to play him, right? Naming Jackson the starter under these circumstances would stand more as a reflection of Jackson’s availability than as a repudiation of Whitehurst.”

b.gif
ISRV0bB0I-w

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom