• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cyber surfing: Saturday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, July 30:
Danny O’Neil of the Seattle Times looks at the Seahawks’ latest, and biggest, free-agent catch: defensive tackle Brandon Mebane, who re-signed with the team on Friday. Said GM John Schneider: “Being able to re-sign one of your own guys who was a hot commodity in free agency is huge for us. He wanted to stay here, we wanted him to stay here.”
Dave Boling of the News Tribune has this report on James Carpenter’s first practice, after the team’s first-round draft choice signed his contract in time to be on the field Friday. Says Boling of Carpenter’s first matchup with defensive end Red Bryant: “Like a scene from an Animal Planet documentary on the savage territorial battles of grizzly bears, neither side yielded. I couldn’t see inside the helmets to tell whether they were baring fangs, and the other linemen were shouting so loudly I couldn’t tell whether the two combatants were growling. But I suspect as much. And when the whistle blew, the two were still fairly close to the line of scrimmage, meaning the rookie had stonewalled the powerful veteran.”
Matt Hasselbeck, the Seahawks’ starting QB the past 10 seasons, sat down with Paul Silvi of KING-TV to discuss his decision to sign with the Tennessee Titans in free agency after the club decided to go in another direction. Says Hasselbeck: “It’s tough when the head coach and the GM call you and they say, ‘Hey, thanks for everything, but we’re no longer interested.’ Yeah, it’s tough. But those guys were great about it, and they called me first. I didn’t have to hear about it on the television or something like that. I wished them well. They did the same.”
Schneider, meanwhile, paid his respects to Hasselbeck. Said Schneider: “The amount of respect that we have for Matt is enormous. Everything he’s done for this team, this community; charities; being the family man he is; the strong Christian; phenomenal person. It was a really big decision; very hard decision. These decisions affect people’s lives, and we do not take them lightly.”
Steve Wyche at NFL.com wraps up what has been a wild first week of free agency. Wyche on the Seahawks: “Seattle’s signings of wide receiver Sidney Rice and retention of defensive tackle Brandon Mebane – and expected pickup of guard Robert Gallery – should help. Rice is a special player but his injury past has to be of some concern. The unknown is what is going to happen at quarterback.”
Here at Seahawks.com, we’ve got a look at how the team got bigger, faster, stronger, younger and hopefully better with the roster additions that were made this week. There’s also a look at Friday’s practice in words and pictures.

b.gif
ViscWaIFBro

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom