• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks Cyber surfing: Monday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, Dec. 12:
Danny O’Neil at the Seattle Times looks at the obvious: Tonight’s game between the Seahawks and Rams at CenturyLink Field on “Monday Night Football.” Says O’Neil: “Seattle has a chance to make a statement — not just against St. Louis, but in the final four games of the season. The Seahawks can show that after playing for three coaches in four seasons, they have turned the corner and are ready to contend behind a new generation of players. It has been 11 days since the Seahawks last played, a 31-14 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles that was Seattle’s most complete effort of the year. On Monday, the Seahawks have a chance to pick up where they left off. ‘The excitement is going to be there,’ quarterback Tarvaris Jackson said. ‘You know the crowd is going to be hyped, so we’re just going to feed off that when the time comes.’”
Eric Williams at the News Tribune checks in with Leroy Hill, one of only three Seahawks still around from the last “Monday Night Football” game in ’07: “ ‘Of course I look forward to playing on Monday night,’ Hill said. ‘I look forward to playing every Sunday. But on Monday night I’m extra excited.’ Hill’s enthusiasm for tonight’s game is understandable because the Seahawks usually win on Mondays. Seattle has won its past four times on Monday night – including a 24-0 victory over San Francisco on Nov. 12, 2007, its most recent time on Monday Night Football. This will be the Seahawks’ 25th appearance on MNF. They are 16-8, and their 66.7 percent winning percentage is the best in the league.”
John Boyle at the Everett Herald looks at Brandon Browner, one of the bigger reasons for the Seahawks’ 3-1 start to the second half of the season: “In his first season in the NFL, Browner, an abnormally large cornerback at 6-foot-4, is experiencing an abnormally large amount of ups and downs. His four interceptions are the fifth most in the NFL, and his 20 passes defended have him tied for third in that category. Then again his 15 penalties are a league high, and there have certainly been rough patches. ‘I’ve gotten it all,’ said Browner, who spent the past four seasons in the Canadian Football League. ‘I’ve gotten the tough lessons and the highs of making big plays. … I’ve enjoyed every minute of it, well other than the downs, but those are lessons learned.’ “
Christian Caple at PI.com has his “Five Things to Watch,” including: “Marshawn Lynch, the touchdown-maker. As Marshawn Lynch continues to establish himself as the face of Seattle’s offense, he’s approaching a few more milestones. Most notable of those is the 1,000-yard mark, which Lynch will eclipse if he gains just 146 more yards. Lynch rushed for more than 1,000 yards in each of his first two seasons (2007 and 2008), but hasn’t done it since. And the Seahawks haven’t had a 1,000-yard rusher since Shaun Alexander in 2005. Lynch can also tie a franchise record if he scores a touchdown on Monday. He’s found the end zone in the Seahawks’ last eight games, which is tied with David Sims for second in franchise history. The record-holder in that category is Shaun Alexander, who scored in nine consecutive games in his MVP season of 2005. According to the official game release from the team, Lynch leads all NFL running backs with 128 carries for 591 yards since Week 9. And the Denver Broncos are the only team with more rushing yards than the Seahawks in the same span. One more touchdown will give Lynch 10 this season, which would be a new career high.”
Here at Seahawks.com, we complete our series on the franchise’s first 35 seasons with a look at 2007, which is timely because it’s the last time the Seahawks played on “Monday Night Football” and this season’s team has achieved some hadn’t-done-that-since-2007 accomplishments: “Like intercepting four passes in last week’s game against the Philadelphia Eagles, a first since the Seahawks picked off five and four in back-to-back games against the Arizona Cardinals and Philadelphia Eagles in Weeks 13-14 in ’07. Like rushing for 100-plus yards in four consecutive games for the first time since Games 7-10 in ’07 – and the Seahawks now have five, for the first time 2005. Like upsetting the New York Giants in Week 5, the Seahawks’ first victory on the East Coast since beating the Eagles in Philly in Week 13 of ’07. Like Marshawn Lynch needing one touchdown to reach 10, which would make him the first Seahawk with double-digit scores since Nate Burleson had 11 (nine receiving and two on punt and kickoff returns) in ’07. ‘Chasing ghosts,’ Hill said with a laugh. ‘But hey, whatever works.’ ”
We’ve also got a closer look at tonight’s game in our “Matchup box,” as well as Tony Ventrella’s video preview.
Mike Sando at ESPN.com wonders if the Seahawks and Cardinals could be playing for a playoff berth in their Jan. 1 season finale in the desert: “I’ve put together a couple scenarios using ESPN’s Playoff Machine. This one would send Seattle to the playoffs at 9-7. This one would send Arizona to the playoffs, also at 9-7. Both scenarios had the New York Giants and Detroit Lions finishing 9-7, with Seattle or Arizona prevailing on a tiebreaker (best conference record).”
For a look at the rest of the league in Week 14, there’s John Clayton’s “Last Call” at ESPN.com; Clark Judge’s “Judgements” at CBSSports.com; and Peter King’s “Monday Morning Quarterback” at SI.com, which concludes with his take on tonight’s game: “Seattle 23, St. Louis 9. This says quite a lot about my faith in where the Seahawks are headed — even without their two starting tackles (Russell Okung, James Carpenter, both on IR) and guard John Moffitt, who was on IR anyway, then suspended four games for violating the league’s substance-abuse policy. And it doesn’t say much about my belief in the Rams making this a competitive evening in Seattle. Of course, if you’d like to spend your leisure time a little differently, check out the TCM channel starting at 8 Eastern time: The 1951 version of Christmas Carol is on, followed by Oliver Twist from 1948. Hey, it’s not Tarvaris versus Sam, but it’s classic.”

b.gif
-HwYo8QdPW4

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom