• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cyber surfing: Monday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, July 18:
Wasilla, Alaska, held a Play 60 Challenge on Saturday that attracted more than 300 boys and girls, not to mention a couple of former Seahawks – defensive tackle Sam Adams and linebacker Orlando Huff. The Frontiersman had this report on the event. Said Adams, the Seahawks’ first-round draft choice in 1994: “We know obesity is running rampant in today’s youth. I love the Xbox and PlayStation, those are great things, iPods, but you know what? When we were growing up as kids, we’d ride our bikes all day, or go to the park. Kids don’t do that anymore.”
The Seahawks are scheduled to play the 49ers twice this season – their season opener Sept. 11 at San Francisco and the rematch at CenturyLink Field on Dec. 24. Sporting News Today provides this look at the 49ers, and projects them to win the division. Correspondent Matt Barrows offers: “San Francisco has a strong offensive roster and a potentially good defensive one too – especially if Aldon Smith develops. How quickly the team can adjust to (Jim) Harbaugh’s and (Vic) Fangio’s schemes will determine whether it can win a weak division.”
SI.com, meanwhile, offers a Q&A with 49ers running back Frank Gore, who has had some monster games against the Seahawks in the past. Gore on the hip injury that ended his 2010 season: “I feel great I’ve been working very hard. I’ve been taking one day at a time with my trainers with my therapy people. I’ll be fine. I’ll probably be a little nervous when I first touch the field. But being scared to move or make cuts or do anything? Nah I’ll be great.”
Pete Prisco at CBSSports.com poises a post-lockout question for each NFL team. No surprise when it comes to the Seahawks: Will Matt Hasselbeck be the quarterback? Says Prisco: “There is talk Hasselbeck, who is a free agent, will move on. If he does, it would mean Charlie Whitehurst or another veteran they acquire takes over as the starter. That’s risky, but is it worth it to keep Hasselbeck? Depends on the price, but probably not.”
For the give-us-this-day-our-daily-labor-update item, talks between the lawyers representing the owners and players resume talks today and ESPN’s Chris Mortensen reports that commissioner Roger Goodell will do “whatever is necessary” to help reach an agreement on a new CBA. Says Mortensen: “Under that scenario, the owners would ratify the new CBA on Thursday at the league meetings in Atlanta. According to sources, the two sides also could use Wednesday morning to finish their mediated negotiation session, if necessary.”
Here at Seahawks.com, we take a look at Jacob Green, the franchise’s all-time sack leader who hosted his annual golf tournament on Friday. Instead of collecting sacks, Green’s post-football career has him filling sacks with cash for deserving causes: $151 million as a fundraiser for Texas A&M, his alma mater; more than $2.3 million for the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center through his golf tournament and banquet/auction; and more than $420,000 in the past five years by auctioning off barbecues for the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation. Offers Kevin Parker, event manager for Fred Hutchinson: “Our relationship with Jacob has been everything we could have asked for, and so much more. There are not a lot of people out there that stick with something for this long, and do as good a job as he’s doing.”

b.gif
VZUXMCCJ19c

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom