• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cyber surfing: Monday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, July 11:
Matt Williamson of Scouts Inc. completed his ranking of the Top 15 players in the NFC West for Mike Sando’s blog at ESPN.com, and you might be surprised who’s at No. 5: Chris Clemons. Here’s what Williamson had to say about the defensive end who produced a career-high 11 sacks in his first season with the Seahawks: “This is a throwing league, and getting after the quarterback is of paramount importance. Clemons was simply exceptional for Seattle last season. Somewhat of an outside linebacker/defensive end tweener, Clemons has found a home in a defense that suits him perfectly by keeping him mostly on the weak side of the offensive formation and allowing him to operate in space. He is both powerful and incredibly quick, and he can translate speed into power. Clemons can beat his opponent with pure speed off the edge or with an array of pass-rush moves. Clemons wreaks havoc.”
Sando, meanwhile, is back at his blogging post and has this breakdown of Williamson’s Top 15. While some might wonder about three 49ers being ranked among the Top 5 – Patrick Willis, Justin Smith and Vernon Davis – Sando says: “I wouldn’t argue against any of those selections, but I would rather have great players at other positions – quarterback, left tackle and featured pass-rusher come to mind.”
Russell Okung worked Nike’s 7-on-7 camp for high school players in Beaverton, Ore., and CBSSports.com was there to file this video report with the Seahawks’ left tackle. Says Okung, a first-round draft choice last year: “I love this game. We haven’t been able to play out here. Just coming and watching these guys compete and showing who they are and battling, words can’t even express my emotions right now.”
Tyler Polumbus is a good guy, and this story from the Daily Camera in Boulder (Colo.) proves it. The Seahawks’ offensive linemen sponsored a clinic for developmentally disabled kids through his foundation – Tyler’s Kids Outreach. Said Polumbus, who went to the University of Colorado and also played for the Denver Broncos before coming the Seahawks last season: “”I’m in a position where I can give back. We get more out of it than they do.”
For the give-us-this-day-our-daily-labor-update item, Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen of ESPN.com are reporting that a deal on a new CBA could be ratified at the July 21 league meeting. As they put it: “As one NFL owner said this weekend, there’s ‘no reason to believe it won’t get done.’ Other people familiar with the talks now think an agreement in principle will be put in place in the next seven to 10 days, a handshake deal that would allow each side to ratify the deal to start the 2011 season. However, one member of the players’ negotiating team who has been a constant presence at the table said that players feel they have made significant concessions and overtures ‘that have not been reciprocated.’ ”
Don Banks at SI.com looks beyond reaching an agreement on a new CBA to what the free-agency period might be like. As one veteran club executive told Banks: “If anybody tells you they know the way free agency will unfold, what it will be like, they’re just guessing, because no one’s been in this situation before. We’re all waiting to find out.”
Here at Seahawks.com, we continues our series of articles on the players voted to the 35th Anniversary team with a look at one of the best – left tackle Walter Jones. But who is the best player in franchise history? We’ve also got a poll, where you can vote for Jones, or Steve Largent, or Cortez Kennedy, or Shaun Alexander, or Kenny Easley, or Jacob Green.

b.gif
BkUXyLhrsxo

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom