• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cyber surfing: Friday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, Oct. 21:
Danny O’Neil of the Seattle Times looks at the polar opposites who man the right side of the Seahawks’ offensive line – the rookie tandem of tackle James Carpenter and guard John Moffitt. Offers O’Neil: “They are the odd couple of Seattle’s offensive line, rookies planted side by side this year with the expectation they’ll grow into a strength of this Seahawks offense. Moffitt is the XL extrovert who has the guts to wear fuzzy Uggs slippers into the locker room. Carpenter is understated, going on shy, and speaks softly when he speaks at all.”
Mike Sando at ESPN.com looks at how Doug Baldwin is proving his doubters wrong. Says Sando of the Seahawks’ rookie free agent receiver: “Among Seattle rookies, only Joey Galloway, with 349 yards in 1995, has gained more receiving yards than Baldwin through five games, according to ESPN Stats & Information (Hall of Famer Steve Largent had been second with 313 yards through five games in 1976).”
He also examines how the quarterbacks in the NFC West have performed under duress. Here’s the word on the Seahawks’ Tarvaris Jackson: “Jackson has been under duress on 27.8 percent of all plays, ninth-most in the league. He has taken sacks and generally avoided turnovers, explaining why he has been under duress only 16.8 percent of the time on plays featuring pass attempts. That 16.8 figure is among the 12 lowest in the NFL.”
The story du jour elsewhere is Mike Holmgren, the Seahawks’ former coach who is now president of the team his old team faces on Sunday, the Cleveland Browns.
At the News Tribune, Eric Williams says: “While not in charge of the daily operations of what happens on the field, Holmgren is close to the Cleveland players, quietly watching and offering a pointer or two as practice goes on, and later taking a spot up in the owner’s booth during games. ‘He’s obviously not my coach but he’s definitely around and has his input,’ said Cleveland quarterback Colt McCoy, whom Holmgren drafted in the third round in 2010, his first draft with the Browns, hoping to develop a franchise player for Cleveland.”
At the Everett Herald, John Boyle says: “The Mike Holmgren who serves as president of the Cleveland Browns is different than the Mike Holmgren who spent 17 years as a head coach, including 10 seasons guiding the Seattle Seahawks. He is calmer now, he insists, better equipped to handle a disappointing result from time to time. All it took for Holmgren to mellow was some time away from the sidelines, as well as a stern talking to from his wife, Kathy.”
Here at Seahawks.com, we look at the once-a-coach-always-a-coach aspect of Holmgren’s new role through the eyes of Browns coach Pat Shurmur: “ ‘I think as a new head coach to have, in my opinion, a Hall of Fame coach in this league as a guy that I can talk to and ask opinions of, I think it’s terrific. In fact, I told coach, I said, ‘Hey, I pride myself on being a good listener.’ I know I don’t know everything. To have a resource like Mike Holmgren, it’s invaluable.’ The most telling statement in all those words is that Shurmur refers to Holmgren as ‘coach.’ ‘He will forever be a coach,’ Shurmur said. ‘That’s a term of endearment in my opinion. I mean, he’s coach Holmgren.’ ”
We’ve also got a look at Thursday’s practice in words, pictures and video; as well as Tony Ventrella’s weekly “Seahawks Insider,” which features rookie cornerback Richard Sherman.

b.gif
zyHl2cyfTGE

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom