• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Colin Cole pays a visit

Reaction score
You should have included that he was a Defensive Tackle. ;)

He seems decent, but I'd rather have Bernard back or draft that Raji guy from Boston College. Bernard is a special player and they keep saying how good he is on NFL Network.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Phaze I totally forgot that and this:

Cole is more of a run stopper. Something the Seahawks tend to use when they sign a guy. Bernard appears out of the team plans. Not sure they have talked to him since he hit the market.

Sorry again and thanks phaze!

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Vanilla-
His age and his productivity over the past three years had decreased. Up until this year he only had 24/25 tackles since he signed the deal with us in 2005. His sacks are 11 in the past three years (2005 he had 8.5). I loved Rocky a lot, but those may have been some of the reasons. Or also his asking price. He did land a 4 yr 16 mill deal with the Giants. I would also think that with a healthy Bryant they are content with him Mebane, Terrill and Canty or Cole depending on which one signs.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Well this Cole guy ( never heard of him ) his best year was 2 sacks, woo hoo sounds like a big improvement .... ;)

We must be looking at DT in the draft Raji is built and looks just like bernard...I think he's around 330 lbs...

Orakpo looks awesome 6"3 and 263 speed and power dude is ripped

I guess it comes down to what type of guy you like....I would like to see a speed rusher, but don't want him to get owned at the line either./

Chris Canty will be here on monday he may get a deal

Reaction score
Idahawk said:
Well this Cole guy ( never heard of him ) his best year was 2 sacks, woo hoo sounds like a big improvement .... ;)

We must be looking at DT in the draft Raji is built and looks just like bernard...I think he's around 330 lbs...

Orakpo looks awesome 6"3 and 263 speed and power dude is ripped

I guess it comes down to what type of guy you like....I would like to see a speed rusher, but don't want him to get owned at the line either./

Chris Canty will be here on monday he may get a deal
It looks like that, but if we get Canty and don't get a WR we will have to consider getting Crabtree. Michael Clayton just got signed by the Buccs and T.J. will probably go to the Vikings because from what I heard they are going to do just about anything to get him. That wouldn't leave that many that can take over for Engram.

Decent WRs Left said:
D.J. Hackett (CAR) 6'2", 208 Pounds, 5th Season
Devery Henderson (NO) 5'11", 200 Pounds, 5th Season
Laveranues Coles (NYJ) 5'11", 193 Pounds, 9th Season
Nate Washington (PIT) 6'1", 185 Pounds, 4th Season

D.J. Hackett has always had injuries, but did good for us when healthy.
Devery Henderson is a speed guy and made a few "homerun" plays for the Saints last season.
Laveranues Coles is a veteran WR and has some speed and hands, but is only 5'11" (Branch size)
Nate Washington is a decent WR who has decent speed and decent hands.

Reaction score
NFL.com said:
Cole wound up signing a five-year, $21 million contract that includes $5 million guaranteed with the Seattle Seahawks.
This guy seems like a run stopper, not that "rush the QB" type of DT which is what Bernard was able to do. Let's just hope we can also pick up Canty or draft someone who can make a difference on the line.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
He is exactly that... a run stopper. that's why he had only two sacks. He is going to block the holes and keep the running game on lock. This is a great signing. Mark my words come January we will be praising this guy.

Reaction score
I hope your right, because on paper it looks like we just lost roughly 10 tackles and two sacks. I think what we need is a bunch more pass rush, it helps our CB's not look so retarded.

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
He is exactly that... a run stopper. that's why he had only two sacks. He is going to block the holes and keep the running game on lock. This is a great signing. Mark my words come January we will be praising this guy.
I just hope we make it past December.

Reaction score
vanillathrilla said:
I hope your right, because on paper it looks like we just lost roughly 10 tackles and two sacks. I think what we need is a bunch more pass rush, it helps our CB's not look so retarded.

If this guy is a true run stuffer then he is better than Rocky.
Cortez Kennedy wouldn't keep our CB's from looking retarded.

Top Bottom