• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Carroll Credits Schneider For Finding Diamonds In The Rough

travisduncan

Huddler
Reaction score
781111009052_Seahawks_v_Giants.JPG

Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Doug Baldwin (15) carries the ball
during the second half of the game at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ.
The Seahawks defeated the Giants 36-25.

A few weeks back, there was an unsubstantiated report that Pete Carroll and Seahawks general manager John Schneider were not on the same page regarding some personnel decisions.

Carroll shot the report down as totally false, and the offending website pulled the content shortly thereafter.

Following Sunday's impressive win over the Giants, Carroll was asked about the team's penchant for acquiring players who other organizations have either passed up on or not noticed. Specifically cornerback Brandon Browner, who returtned an Eli Manning pass for a 94-yard score which sealed the game. This time last year, Browner was playing in the CFL.

"That's totally John Schneider," said Carroll. "He was the first guy to mention Charlie's [Whitehurst] name. He was the first guy to be over the top about Doug Baldwin, and I could back him up because I saw him play in college."

"He brought Brandon Browner's name to me. And I said 'Hey I know that kid. We worked him out at Pacioma [in high school]."

"I think Tarvaris [Jackson] is the same way," Carroll continued. "There has been a lot of people who have talked about him and had a lot of opinions about him. This guy's a baller. He's a football player, he's tough as can be, he can make plays."

"I think [Schneider] receives all the credit in that regard."

Among the best of the finds thus far has been rookie wide receiver Doug Baldwin, who went undrafted but has produced 330 receiving yards, 20 receptions and Sunday's go-ahead touchdown. He has received 80 or more yards in three games this season. He is the Seahawks leading receiver.

The Heater

Huddler
Reaction score
A big 10-4 and thank you to Pete Carroll and John Schneider. Finally, we have people driving the bus who actually have a trip mapped out way down the road of success, not just this season, and it leads to multiple Superbowl appearances.

Top Bottom