• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Bogus penalties!

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
Okay, all this "helmet to helmet in mid-air" crap is bad enough (Trent Dilfer needs to take a basic Physics course is all I'll say), but the Colts game broke my camel's back.

The Colts guy made a heads-up play and jumped up on a Dallas dude to block a FG (or XP, can't recall) attempt and was called for--not making this up--"gaining leverage"!

WTF??!!

YES, I get that you're not allowed to use your *own* DL as a step ladder or play piggyback and jump on a lineman's shoulders to block a kick. Fair enough. But the OPPOSITE TEAM? Hello!!! That is called BEING QUICK AND SMART. Since when is that a penalty?

And for anyone who argues the zebra's cause, riddle me this, Batman: If a receiver can step on a fallen cornerback and make a LEGAL reception (or a corner doing the opposite for the INT), or a RB can roll over a bunch of guys on the goal line to make a TD (which I've seen NUMEROUS times), what friggin' difference does it make blocking a stupid kick?

I swear, the way things are going, just put all the players in skirts or onesies and tie their hands behind their backs. Then the game will be to the NFL Nazis' liking.
:pissed:

Top Bottom