• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Article- Offseason needs

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
szat;45430 said:
Heres a good summary of the Hawks needs by the B/R.
I agree with 75-85% of this guys assessments, stating that the
main hawks needs this offseason, in order of priority are:

OL
RB
DE
Safety

Its good read, let me know what you think.

I really liked that article. I agree with most of it. However i dont think RB is our number 2 priority this offseason. I would say getting an extremely effective pass rushing DE would be our number 2 priority. I would even say safety is our 3rd priority over RB because of the inability to defend deep routes and make big plays. With a pass rush that will get better, but having a playmaking safety i think is essential if you want to have a dominant defense. Hopefully they address that problem in the draft because i think there are 3 or 4 this year. I like the chester taylor idea and have always liked the way he runs.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag;45432 said:
they have not watched our Corner play obviously :ranting:
I agree I think we need depth at corner, especially for the nickel and dime packages because I absolutely HATE Kelly Jennings. Trufant will be fine this year, he was coming off of a tough back injury and just never seemed to get the rust off...he will be back to form. I like Wilson and think he will be a great CB one day, but his size does not help against teams with big WR. They should and I believe will add depth to that position. I wouldnt mind them getting someone to take the #2 from Wilson but I dont think they HAVE to.

Reaction score
To me Trufant could be cut or renegotiated he has NEVER earned his new HIGH salary. Haden may be available in the 2nd round, but even then he is too slow to play corner in the NFL.

Reaction score
Our corners aren't that great, but it doesn't help when the QB can stand in the pocket as long as he wants to.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag;45436 said:
To me Trufant could be cut or renegotiated he has NEVER earned his new HIGH salary. Haden may be available in the 2nd round, but even then he is too slow to play corner in the NFL.

Im taking it you saw the combine today? He ran pitiful times but i wouldnt look too far into that. I dont see him dropping to the 2nd round at all. Its not like he lost speed since his last game of the season....he is fast on the field and that is all that matters. But his time definitely does raise a red flag and I can see him dropping towrards the middle to late 1st round...not the 2nd though. Gerald Mccoy only repped 225 lbs 23 times as a 300 pound lineman, but he is a beast on the field and everyone knows that. Don't look TOO far into the combine times, they are the same players they were in college. Film is the number one judgement of a players true on field abilitie. Last time I checked they dont play on a track.

OP
szat

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag;45432 said:
they have not watched our Corner play obviously :ranting:

Our CB's arent great but our safety play is worse.
Did you read the whole ariticle? It makes the point that with improved pass rush and better help over the top (safety) our corners would fine.
I agree with this.

I also agree that trufant will be back to form this year barring further injury. Lucas is still decent, and Wilson is up and coming. Babs maybe able to play corner, or be a nickle guy. A role that he suceeded in and got the nick name "big play babs".

Reaction score
I never thought Tru was a top 5 corner. If we had a good pass rush teams would still throw AT Trufant as they have the last 3 yrs. He gets beat Deep and at the snap WAY to much for a number 1 or 2 Corner.

Top Bottom