• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Allen working on final details of contract with the Seahawks!!!!

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
If he does sign I hope it's front loaded with the ability to cut loose of him if and when they need to. He's probably only got about 1-2 years left in the tank anyways, or 2-3 if he's a health freak and takes care of himself.
Signing him would easily offset all the FA departures so far.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Not official yet.
yet* being the operative word...

There would be no reason to make a second trip to Seattle unless their was an "agreement" in place and he intended to sign. Contract negotiating is handled by the Agent and wouldn't require for Allen to come to Seattle a second time. He is here to sign.

Idahawk

Reaction score
ESPN is backing off now , claiming a decision will be made this weekend .....Werder prematurely tweeted all over himself , lol

Esto Perpetua

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Wonder if they're really low balling him. Two visits to Seattle and still no official deal.

Seems odd to me.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Probably playing another team against him. Gonna sleep on it.
Just seems odd. He brought his wife, kids, other family members(?). Beautiful day in Seattle. He was back a second time in 4 days. Why would he come back unlesss the terms had already been negotiated before hand?

Perhaps he just want a free family-vacation to Seattle.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Yeah I thought there was a good chance of him signing on the spot again, but he probably is mulling it over with his family for a couple of days. Likely he would move the family and everything, big decision, not like he needs the money, and there is no rush.

I think he'll be a seahawk, its just too good of a deal. He wouldn't be required to "truely compete" in training camp.
He would be basically on a 3 man rotation with avril and bennett at the ends, so less of a snap count. And he would be on a SB favored team. I just think it would be perfect.

Unless Schneider is being really butt tight with his coin, 69 will feeling the 12's on Sundays.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Yeah I thought there was a good chance of him signing on the spot again, but he probably is mulling it over with his family for a couple of days. Likely he would move the family and everything, big decision, not like he needs the money, and there is no rush.

I think he'll be a seahawk, its just too good of a deal. He wouldn't be required to "truely compete" in training camp.
He would be basically on a 3 man rotation with avril and bennett at the ends, so less of a snap count. And he would be on a SB favored team. I just think it would be perfect.

Unless Schneider is being really butt tight with his coin, 69 will feeling the 12's on Sundays.

A lot of folks have pointed to him being a rotational guy but I see him as more of an every down RE. The RE spot was vacated by Clemons. When healthy, Clem played most defensive snaps (from the RE position).

Avril is LE. He played almost exclusively rushing from the LE, going against the RT. I believe he’s even stated that he prefers to play that position and has done so most of his career. Bennett seems the likely candidate to replace Bryant at the 5-technique/LE on running downs and then swing inside on passing downs.
I can see this being the base/1st and 2nd down defense:

Allen, Mebane, McDaniel, Bennett

And this as the passing down/nickel/”nascar” package:

Allen, Scruggs, Bennett, Avril….. with the occasional rotation of Irvin, Hill, Mayowa, etc....

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
A lot of folks have pointed to him being a rotational guy but I see him as more of an every down RE. The RE spot was vacated by Clemons. When healthy, Clem played most defensive snaps (from the RE position).

Avril is LE. He played almost exclusively rushing from the LE, going against the RT. I believe he’s even stated that he prefers to play that position and has done so most of his career. Bennett seems the likely candidate to replace Bryant at the 5-technique/LE on running downs and then swing inside on passing downs.
I can see this being the base/1st and 2nd down defense:

Allen, Mebane, McDaniel, Bennett

And this as the passing down/nickel/”nascar” package:

Allen, Scruggs, Bennett, Avril….. with the occasional rotation of Irvin, Hill, Mayowa, etc....

Didnt Avril play RE too? I don't think Jared needs to be or we want him to be an every down player.
But I think your right maybe exclusively from RE, filling the Clem role. Man that is a scary thought.

Its fun to think about, but in the end Dan Quinn will be drawing up some Nasty packages with those 3 bad boyz mixing it up WOOOO WEEE!!!

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Didnt Avril play RE too? I don't think Jared needs to be or we want him to be an every down player.
But I think your right maybe exclusively from RE, filling the Clem role. Man that is a scary thought.

Its fun to think about, but in the end Dan Quinn will be drawing up some Nasty packages with those 3 bad boyz mixing it up WOOOO WEEE!!!

The ability to get consistent pressure with just 3 guys is gold in this league. Part of why we were so successful especially down the stretch against teams like NO and DEN. I remember watching the NO playoff game and the Seahawks just rushing 3 and they were getting home. Brees had no time to throw and no one open to throw it to.

Top Bottom