• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

A fawning ‘Pawn Star’

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
You never know who you might run into at a Seahawks training camp practice.
Like Travis Benton, the shop manager and assistant general manager of the Gold & Silver Pawnshop in Las Vegas that is featured on the History Channel’s “Pawn Stars” series.
A lifelong Seahawks fan, the 27-year-old Benton was “in the area” for a wedding in Vancouver and, as he put it, “I’ve got to see camp once.”
Benton moved “out of the area” in 1996, when he was 12. That’s when he met Corey Harrison and Austin “Chumlee” Russell, two members of the “Pawn Stars” family that is featured on the show.
“I came all the way up here for a wedding, and to come see a training camp of my favorite team,” said Benton, who was wearing a Steve Largent No. 80 jersey.
“I had a great time. I’d never been so close to NFL players. It was exciting.”
The final practice of camp that is open to fans is at 3 p.m. Wednesday, and you can register here to attend.
The two practices over the weekend drew the largest turnouts – 2,314 fans on Saturday and 2,319 on Sunday.
Here are some of the faces that were in those crowds:
Ann Johnson

A fan since: The first game I went to in 2004.
Favorite current Seahawks player: RB/KOR/PR Leon Washington
Favorite all-time Seahawks player: DE Patrick Kerney
Favorite Seahawks moment: The win against the Carolina Panthers in the 2005 NFC Championship game at Qwest Field to go to the Super Bowl.
Travis Benton

A fan since: I was born. My family’s from up here.
Favorite current Seahawks player: DT Brandon Mebane
Favorite all-time Seahawks player: SS Kenny Easley
Favorite Seahawks moment: Going to the Super Bowl (in 2005).
Brayden Boyes

A fan since: I was born.
Favorite current Seahawks player: Not sure, because there are so many new players.
Favorite all-time Seahawks player: RB Shaun Alexander
Favorite Seahawks moment: Marshawn Lynch’s run in the playoff game against the Saints last year.
Nick Routos

A fan since: Since I was born. I’ve been going to games with my dad since I can remember – Kingdome and everything.
Favorite current Seahawks player: RB Marshawn Lynch
Favorite all-time Seahawks player: This guy right here (he was wearing a Cortez Kennedy No. 96 jersey)
Favorite Seahawks moment: The Marshawn Lynch run last season (against the Saints). I was at the game and that’s probably the most fun thing I’ve ever done in my life.
Robin Plesnicher

A fan since: The 10 years that we’ve lived here, but we’ve been season-ticket holders for the last eight.
Favorite current Seahawks player: RB Marshawn Lynch
Favorite all-time Seahawks player: QB Seneca Wallace
Favorite Seahawks moment: Almost winning the Super Bowl.

b.gif
QottcYpPCxw

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom